We work toward an equitable campus
The Student Equity and Achievement Committee will promote, initiate, coordinate, and recommend strategies which enhance student equity and student academic achievement at MVC.
The SEA committee meets on the third Tuesday of the month from 12:50 - 2:50 pm over Zoom, except in January, June, July and August. The SEA Committee follows the most recent Governance Committee Meeting Calendar.
|September 20||12:50 - 2:50 pm||Zoom|
|October 18||12:50 - 2:50 pm||Zoom|
|November 15||12:50 - 2:50 pm||Zoom|
|February 21||12:50 - 2:50 pm||Zoom|
|March 21||12:50 - 2:50 pm||Zoom|
|April 18||12:50 - 2:50 pm||Zoom|
|May 16||12:50 - 2:50 pm||Zoom|
|Committee Name||Meeting Dates and Times|
|Assessment & Orientation||First Tuesday, 10:30 am - 12 pm|
|At-Risk Follow Up||Fourth Tuesday, 9 - 10:30 am|
|Counseling||Fourth Tuesday, 1 - 2:30 pm|
The purpose of this committee is to: align institutional goals and priorities for enhancing student equity and achievement on campus; improve implementation of goals and objectives related to student equity and achievement; increase communication and coordination to leverage resources to have a greater impact on student equity and achievement; minimize duplication of efforts; coordinate the data management for outcomes assessment and evaluation of the college's efforts to achieve student equity and achievement; and provide seamless delivery of services that support student equity and achievement.
Responsibilities for promoting student equity and achievement may include:
- Reviewing, integrating, and coordinating student success initiatives (SSSP, Student Equity, and BSI)
- Identifying and assessing student needs in order to enhance student success and student equity
- Analyzing MVC student success data, with an equity lens
- Reviewing and recommending outcomes assessment and evaluation
- Exploring current research on student success and equity
- Promoting or recommending instructional and student support programs and services
- Recommending professional development activities and topics
|Administrative Facilitators||Michael Paul Wong, Ph.D.||Dean, Student Services - Counseling|
|Faculty||Kathryn Stevenson, Ph.D.
|Associate Professor, English|
|Classified Staff||Arlene Serrato
|Senior Academic Evaluations Specialist|