Strategic Enrollment Management
Addressing Enrollment Needs
To serve the needs of our students, the Strategic Enrollment Management Task Force takes a strategic, data-driven approach in class planning, enrollment marketing, funding allocation and program development. Workgroups focus on enrollment growth, onboarding, student-centered funding formula and the District Budget Allocation Model. Additional work groups include student retention, student equity as well as scheduling, services and program development.
Strategic Enrollment Management Plan
The Strategic Enrollment Management Plan is a guide to help the College achieve its enrollment goals. The 2022-25 plan is currently in draft format and feedback is being sought from the College community.
Strategic Enrollment Plan - Draft (pdf) Provide Plan Feedback
Enrollment Management Dashboard
The Enrollment Management Dashboard shows detailed information about enrollment numbers, enrollment projections and FTES information for Riverside Community College District. It is updated every business day.
Micosoft Excel is required to view this file.
The Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) Dashboard is prepared by MVC's Office of Institutional Effectiveness and shows historical enrollments and outcomes by discipline/school. This is a large file and may take a few minutes to load. Please save a copy to your local device. Right click on the link and choose "Save Link As" or "Save Target As."
The Enrollment Task Force group, composed of faculty, administration, and staff, is tasked with suggesting and then implementing ways to preserve and enhance the quality and service of Moreno Valley College in the community's interest.
Task Force Documents and Resources
- Anna Marie Amezquita, Interim Vice President, Academic Affairs
- Christopher Sweeten, Vice President, Student Services
Enrollment Management Information
A concept and process that enables the fulfillment of institutional mission and students’ educational goals. In practice, the purposes of SEM are achieved by:
- Establishing comprehensive goals for the number and type of students needed to fulfill the institutional mission,
- Promoting students’ academic success by improving access, transition, persistence, and graduation,
- Promoting institutional success by enabling effective strategic and financial planning,
- Creating a data‐rich environment to inform decisions and evaluate strategies,
- Strengthening communications and marketing with internal and external stakeholders, and
- Increasing collaboration among departments across the campus to support the enrollment program.
Source: Bontrager, B. and Pollack, K. (2009). Strategic Enrollment Management at Community College, from Applying SEM at the Community College
|Experiential Influences||Institutional Influences|
|Classroom Experience||Academic Support|
Source: Bontrager, 2004