Equitable and Inclusive Teaching and Learning
The Equitable and Inclusive Teaching and Learning (EITL) Committee is a standing committee of the Academic Senate. EITL informs and makes recommendations to the other standing committees of the Senate on matters of student equity and diversity as they relate to the 10+1 and Student Equity Plan.
The Equitable and Inclusive Teaching and Learning Committee provides leadership in developing and facilitating faculty-led efforts to support equitable and inclusive teaching and learning, including processes for institutional planning and budget development of Student Equity and Achievement funds and initiatives. The committee also advises the standing committees of the Academic Senate on teaching and student equity research and trends.
- Faculty Chair: Kathryn Stevenson, Ph.D.
- Assistant Chair: Melanie James
- Academic Department Representatives:
- Business: Vacant
- Communication and World Languages: José Oceguera
- Counseling: Belinda Flores-Casto
- English Studies: Joyce Kim
- Health and Human Services: Tanya Brown
- Humanities, Education, Social and Behavioral Sciences: Tracy Kazsuk
- Math and Computer Information Systems: Gabriel Murillo
- Biological and Physical Sciences: Felipe Galicia
- Public Safety: Emily Craig
- Visual and Performing Arts: Amy Balent
- Associate Faculty Representative: Arezoo Marashi
Support Documentation and Resources
- What is the 10+1?
- Committee Documents
- Related District Committees:
- Teaching and Learning
- Archived Documents - Student Equity and Achievement Resources