Honoring your academic achievements
Moreno Valley College is pleased to announce that Commencement 2022 will be in person celebrating the academic achievements and successes of the Class of 2022, Class of 2021, and Class of 2020 on Friday, June 10, at 5:30 PM at College Park.
Commencement will be live streamed on YouTube. Subscribe to MVC so you don't miss it!
Class of 2022
- Apply for graduation in WebAdvisor and be approved to participate in the 2022 Commencement Ceremony.
- Watch for notification via your student email account once your associate degree and/or certificate application has been reviewed. Your eligibility to participate will be noted in WebAdvisor once you receive an email. All information about your degree, certificate and Commencement will only be sent to your student email.
- Once you've received notice of eligibility, submit the RSVP form and bring a signed media release form to the rehearsal or on the day of the ceremony.
Class of 2021 and 2020
- If you graduated as part of the class of 2021 or 2020, and did not receive the opportunity to walk, MVC invites you to return and participate in the 2022 Commencement and Recognition Ceremony.
- Students who graduated as part of the Class of 2020 and 2021 must RSVP online and confirm their participation by Friday, April 29, 2022. Simply complete the reservation form and bring a signed media release form to the rehearsal or on the day of the ceremony.
- Please make sure to purchase or bring your graduation regalia.
Samantha St. Claire, Faculty Speaker
Gianine Umali, Student Speaker
MVC conducts one Commencement Ceremony a year at the end of the spring semester. Students who graduate in earlier terms are encouraged to attend the ceremony and participate each June. Participation is optional.
On Friday, June 10, 2022, the 2022 Commencement Ceremony will be held at 5:30 PM. Students must be at Moreno Valley College in Parkside Complex by 4:30 PM. Participants will not be allowed to join the activities if their arrival is late. This year's Commencement will be in-person and will celebrate the Class of 2022, as well as the graduating classes of 2020 and 2021 for interested students.
Commencement rehearsals will be held on Thursday, June 9 at 3 pm. All students participating in the Beacon of Dreams Commencement are encouraged to participate. As this year's ceremony will celebrate three graduating classes, we want to ensure students understand the ceremonial procession and get any last-minute questions answered.
All student participants and their guests are highly encouraged to be fully vaccinated or test for COVID-19 before the Commencement activities.
Be prepared for a warm day at Commencement 2022
Drink plenty of water, even if you do not feel thirsty. Do not wait for the day of the event to get hydrated and avoid drinks with caffeine. Wear loose-fitting, lightweight, light-colored clothing.
In hot weather, your body cools itself mainly by sweating. The evaporation of your sweat regulates your body temperature. However, when you exercise strenuously or otherwise overexert in hot, humid weather, your body is less able to cool itself efficiently.
As a result, your body may develop heat cramps, the mildest form of heat-related illness. Signs and symptoms of heat cramps usually include heavy sweating, fatigue, thirst and muscle cramps. Prompt treatment usually prevents heat cramps from progressing to heat exhaustion.
You usually can treat heat cramps by drinking fluids or sports drinks containing electrolytes (Gatorade, Powerade, others), getting into cooler temperatures, such as an air-conditioned or shaded place, and resting.
By preparing yourself in advance for a warm day your body will be ready and you will have an enjoyable day.
Moreno Valley College graduates wear teal regalia during the ceremony. Regalia items inclide caps, gowns, tassels and hoods. Honor cords and sashes are also available to eligible students for academic achievement and program participation. The regalia for certificate and associate degree attainment is different. No other items may be worn during the ceremony, and we ask that graduates refrain from decorating their caps/mortar boards.
Student Regalia Purchase
We highly recommend purchasing your regalia in advance for proper fitting for students who are eligible to participate in the 2022 commencement ceremony. Commencement regalia will be for sale at the MVC Bookstore and online through the HerffJones website. You must purchase your regalia from the college that you applied for graduation.
The classes of 2020 and 2021 may wear their regalia from their respective years, or you may purchase a set from this year.
If you are having financial hardship and need support purchasing regalia, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty may purchase regalia online or rent regalia by emailing the MVC Bookstore. Provide the following information in your rental request: college, major, degree and gown height.
Upward Bound Math & Science
Educational Talent Search
Vista del Lago HS Theater
Saturday, May 14, 8 – 9 am
Educational Talent Search
Valley View HS Theater
Saturday, May 14, 10 – 11:30 am
Middle College High School
Rancho Verde HS Theater
Friday, May 13, 5:30 – 8 pm
ACES Student Support Services
Tuesday, May 24, 4 – 6 pm
Thursday, May 26, Noon – 2 pm
Thursday, May 26, 3 – 5 pm
Thursday, May 26, 5:30 – 8:30 pm
Dental Assistant Program
Pinning and Awards Ceremony
Friday, June 3, 10 am – Noon