Counseling and Advising
Let's get you on the right path
Make an appointment for longer conversations with a counselor.
Need to meet now? Request a quick 15-minute meeting.
Self-service appointments and online meetings happen in ConexEd.
Counseling helps you stay on track and meet your goals
Academic counselors offer a range of college and career planning services. Students have three options to meet with a counselor: with your school's assigned counselor, with the counselor assigned to a special program you're a part of, or with any counselor with an open appointment spot. If you're undecided, meet with any school's success team or ask for help.
Counseling Services is available to answer questions, create and modify appointments, and more.
Monday: 8 am - 4 pm
Tuesday: 8 am - 6 pm
Wednesday: 8 am - 6 pm
Thursday: 8 am - 4 pm
Friday: 8 am - Noon
You have a team dedicated to your success
Moreno Valley College's programs of study are divided into 6 academic schools to provide you a well-rounded education and support services. Your success team consists of counselors, educational advisors, peer mentors, and faculty liaisons. Through your school's engagement center, they provide academic and career counseling, access to resources, and help planning to graduate and transfer. Plus, if you're not sure or undecided, you may ask for help from any engagement center.
A counselor can assist students with:
- Creating a comprehensive student education plan (SEP)
- Updating SEPs for continuing or returning students
- Major and/or program of study changes
- Understanding academic or progress probation
- Dismissal and re-admit contracts
- Transfer and/or graduation advising
- Career guidance
- Transcript evaluation
- Review the consequences of dropping or withdrawing from classes
- Matriculation appeal and prerequisite validation
An educational advisor can assist students with:
- Completing the MVC application
- College orientation
- Creating a first semester student education plan (for new students)
- Registering and enrolling in classes
- Navigating the MyPortal and EduNav platforms
Meet with someone according to your program of study. Choose a school to open the appointment window now.
Special programs have dedicated support teams including an academic counselor.
More ways we can help
MVC's learning and support communities make each other stronger. Find a program designed to guide you on your journey.
Articulation agreements identify courses from RCCD that can satisfy course requirements at another college or university.
EduNav is an education planning and registration system. Plan and register for all your courses according to your needs and preferences.
ConexEd is a platform that allows students to connect with departments and services, online, regardless of physical location.
Plan for your best possible future
- Student Records, Appeals and Petitions: Change your home college, file course repetition requests, complete academic renewal, and more.
- Student and Family Information Pages: Access to the most important information you need, whether you're a new or current student, or need help for family.
- Placement and Orientation: English and math self-placement, placement testing, and college orientation.
- Student ID Card: You can request your student ID card online and have it mailed to you.