Email and Single Sign-On
Stay connected at MVC
Riverside Community College District students and employees are all assigned email addresses, which allows access to multiple services. You may log in through the Microsoft Office 365 website or RCCD's single sign-on portal.
Student emails consist of your first initial, last name, and in some cases, a number: John Doe, email@example.com. All student email addresses end with the student.rccd.edu domain. Use your full email and password to login.
Beware of online scams! Protect your personal information.
- All RCCD job applications are completed in RCCD's official job portal, NOT by email. Student jobs always involve the office of Student Employment. Go there first when looking to work at MVC.
- Check sender emails by clicking on their name. Notices of any openings are sent only by RCCD employees, never students (@student.rccd.edu).
- Common warning signs include subject lines like pet or house sitting, no association with an RCCD/MVC office, no RCCD/MVC phone number (prefix 571, 222, 372), and no link to RCCD-posted information.
Your student email is created when you apply to be a Moreno Valley College student. When you receive your email information, you must log in for the first time using a temporary password that consists of your capitalized first initial, lowercase last initial, and 6-digit date of birth (MMDDYY). You will be prompted to create a secure password once you log in. Make sure to also set up your recovery email and multi-factor authentication.
RCCD's Single Sign-on (SSO) allows you to use your student email and password for a variety of other services, including MyPortal, Canvas, EduNav, Microsoft Office, Adobe software, and more. You can log in and click on the icon of the service you wish to access.
Use Single Sign-on portal How to Sign into Services Like Canvas (Video)
Need help? From lost passwords to setting up multi-factor authentication to recovering deactivated accounts, the Security and Recovery section of this page provides you with instructions and who to contact.
If you use multi-factor authentication and set up a recovery email, you can typically reset your password on your own.
Log in using your full email address. All employee emails end with @rccd.edu, @mvc.edu, @norcocollege.edu, or @rcc.edu. For email changes or assistance, submit a ticket to the helpdesk through the ServiceDesk or call (951) 222-8388.
Log into Email Log into Single Sign-on Portal Technology Support
Security and Recovery
If you have set up a recovery email or two-factor authentication in Office 365, reset or change your password by following the lost password prompts. If you haven't set up multi-factor authentication or recovery email, you have other options:
- Reach out to Admissions & Records for help; they can process your password reset request.
- Visit the Admissions & Records virtual lobby (hours may vary) for help on the spot, no matter where you're at. Requires ConexEd login.
- You may also contact the RCCD Helpdesk for assistance if Admissions & Records is not available.
- Contact the helpdesk for lost password assistance.
Multi-factor authentication is available for all accounts and required for all employee accounts. Authentication methods include an authenticator app or SMS/text. Turning on multi-factor authentication can help keep your account secure.
- You may activate this service and use the authenticator of your choice (app or SMS/Text). The recommended app is the Microsoft Authenticator which is available for Android and iOS.
- If you change phones or authenticator apps, it is possible to change which phone or app can authenticate your account. You can do this in your account settings. If using the same app, you can usually backup your accounts on your original device and recover them on your new device.
- If you lose access to your account (forgotten password, changed phone number, lost authenticator), contact the RCCD Helpdesk for assistance.
Are you a former student or employee that needs your email account restored or reactivated? Contact the RCCD Helpdesk for assistance.
Complete the Chosen Name change request form and submit it to Admissions & Records. Usually, your email address stays the same but your display name and the name associated to your RCCD account will be updated.
Contact the RCCD Helpdesk for assistance.