Access Your Academic Record
Transcripts are a core part of your academic record. MVC's Admissions & Records office can help you maintain them, send them to transfer institutions, and access your in-progress transcripts.
Send in Transcripts
You may submit official transcripts by mail; hand carry to Counseling Services or Admissions & Records; or electronically by having your previous college (or designated service) send directly to Moreno Valley College at email@example.com.
- Transcripts must be official and, if mailed or hand-carried, sealed and printed within 90 days
- Contact Counseling Services for prerequisite validation or official evaluation
Moreno Valley College uses Parchment to provide students with transcript ordering services. Students should be aware of the following before submitting an official transcript request:
- The first two official transcript requests are free.
- You may order five transcript copies at a time.
- Transcripts not picked up within 90 days will be destroyed.
- RCCD transcripts include all coursework completed at the Riverside City, Norco and Moreno Valley colleges.
- The student is responsible for checking the completion of grade changes and the posting of degrees and final grades. Log in to MyPortal to view your unofficial transcript BEFORE submitting a transcript request to verify the accuracy of your information.
- An additional 7-14 days processing time is added for General Education Certificate requests. Students who do not know if they should request a General Education Certificate should read the descriptions below.
The most efficient means of submitting a transcript request is through WebAdvisor.All former students have been assigned a User ID and default password for WebAdvisor. For instructions on how to login to WebAdvisor, please refer to WebAdvisor’s Login Help page.
Students who cannot login to WebAdvisor can submit their transcript request directly through Parchment.
Students can check the status of their request on WebAdvisor through Parchment's self-service portal. Students will receive regular email updates about the status of their order; students also have the option to receive these updates via text message.
Students have the option to have the transcript delivered directly to the recipient or to pick up their transcript in person. Please note the following for pickup orders:
- A valid photo ID must be presented at the time of pickup.
- A third party can pick up a transcript on a student’s behalf. The specified third party must be able to provide a valid photo ID.
Transcripts will not be released until all financial obligations to the District have been paid and any outstanding holds have been ended. Students should verify that all final grades, grade changes, and degrees have posted by viewing their unofficial transcripts on WebAdvisor before placing their order.
|E-Transcript Request||Immediate delivery to institutions in the Parchment transcripts network||$7 per transcript|
|Regular Mail/Pickup Request||3-4 business days||$7 per transcript|
|Rush Mail/Pickup Request||1 business day||$17 per transcript|
|Same-Day Pickup Request||2 hours (during hours of operation) Orders must be submitted 2 hours prior to close of business||$20 per transcript|
|Same-Day Mail Request||Mailed same-day if order submitted before 11 am||$20 per transcript|
Federal Express Service
|Domestic Service (main 48 states)||$30 shipping per recipient plus cost of transcript|
|Domestic Service (Alaska or Hawaii)||$30 shipping per recipient plus cost of transcript|
|International Service||$55 shipping per recipient plus cost of transcript|
Additions to Transcripts
CSU — California State University General Education (CSUGE)
The CSU General Education Breadth is a pattern of courses that community college students can use to satisfy lower division general education requirements for any California State University campus.
UC — Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC)
The UC Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum is a pattern of courses that community college students can use to satisfy lower division general education requirements for any University of California or California State University campus.
If you have any questions about satisfying the requirements for these certifications, please meet with a counselor.
The Extra-Curricular Activities and Honors Coursework Record is available for students to have their participation in college clubs and/or district organizations, honors courses, student government, service to the community on behalf of a club, publications, scholarships, and awards acknowledged and mailed with their transcripts. When students request transcripts, this form will be copied and mailed out with the transcripts.
Students may type in their activities and/or coursework, print out the form utilizing only 1 page (double-sided), and then take the form to their advisors for signatures:
- For clubs and activities, take the form to a campus student service official.
- For Honors coursework, an academic service official's signature is required.
- For scholarships, please obtain the signature from the Director of Student Financial Services.
Only one form is mailed out. If students turn in an Extra-Curricular Activities and Honor Coursework Record form, then stay at Moreno Valley College longer and turn in another form, the second form must have all the first form's information on it, including signatures. Only the current form will be mailed. It is important to keep this form neat, grammatically correct, and preferably typed.