Dental Assistant Program Overview
About the Program
The Dental Assistant Program offers a curriculum that prepares the students to successfully pass the Registered Dental Assistant Exam and the National Board Examination. In addition, students are well prepared to become skilled registered dental assistants, ready for employment as integral members of a dental team.
Admission and Length
The program requires a full-time commitment for 10 consecutive months that includes the fall and spring semester and winter session.
Each year, up to 24 candidates, including up to 5 candidates for the DA-DH Bridge program, are randomly selected to begin the Dental Assistant program in the fall semester. Dental Assistants, Registered Dental Assistants and graduates from other dental assistant programs are not eligible for the DA-DH Bridge program.
The easiest way to envision yourself on campus is to take a virtual tour.
- DEA-10+ (4.5 units) Introduction to Dental Assisting & Chairside Assisting
- DEA-20 (2 units) Infection Control for Dental Assistants
- DEA-21 (2.5 units) Introduction to Radiology for Dental Assistants
- DEA-22 (1.5 units) Introduction to Supervised Externships
- DEA-23 (3 units) Introduction to Dental Sciences
- DEA-24 (2 units) Dental Materials for Dental Assistants
- DEA-30 (2 units) Intermediate Chairside Dental Assisting
- DEA-31 (1 unit) Radiology for Dental Assistants Intermediate
- DEA-32 (1 unit) Supervised Externships
- DEA-40A (3.5 units) Advanced Chairside Dental Assisting in Surgery
- DEA-40B (2 units) Chairside Dental Assisting in Orthodontics
- DEA-40C (5 units) Advanced Chairside Dental Assisting in Restorative Dentistry
- DEA-41 (2 units) Dental Office Management
All expenses are approximate, not necessarily all-inclusive and are subject to change.
- Uniforms/scrubs/gowns: $100-$200 for the program.
- Books and supplies: $400-$500 for the program.
- Health Services fee: $20 per term.
- Student Fees: $40 for the program.
- Enrollment fee: $46 per unit.
- Students must have current CPR card (BLS Healthcare Provider Course). If the CPR card expires prior to completing the program, re-certification is required. This must be a "hands-on course." Online courses do not qualify.
- Malpractice insurance and student membership through ADAA : $45 through duration of program
- Background check and drug screening: $100