Dental Assistant Program
About the Program
The Dental Assistant Program offers a curriculum that prepares the students to successfully pass the Registered Dental Assistant Exam and the National Board Examination. In addition, students are well prepared to become skilled registered dental assistants, ready for employment as integral members of a dental team.
The application to join MVC's Dental Assistant program is open annually from October to June. The program runs from fall to spring and 24 students are accepted each year.
Apply: October 31, 2022 – June 22, 2023
The new application will be available soon.
- Tuesday, October 25, Noon - 1 pm
- Tuesday, November 15, Noon - 1 pm
- Thursday, December 8, 4 - 5 pm
- Tuesday, January 10, 4 - 5 pm
- Tuesday, January 24, Noon - 1 pm
- Monday, February 27, 4 - 5 pm
- Friday, March 10, 3 - 4 pm
- Friday, March 24, 3 - 4 pm
- Monday, April 24, 3 - 4 pm
- Friday, May 5, 3:30 - 4:30 pm
- Friday, May 19, 3:30 - 4:30 pm
- Friday, June 9, 3 - 4 pm
- Sessions are online. Register online to attend a virtual information sessions, held via Zoom. You will be provided the link and passcode.
- Parking is not free. Individuals coming to campus will need to purchase a parking pass to avoid receiving a ticket. Daily permits can be purchased online or at parking meters.
The program in dental assisting is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation and has been granted the accreditation status of “approval without reporting requirements.” The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at (312) 440-4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. Visit the Commission’s website.