Gain digital literacy skills
Modern offices are technology-first. A degree in computer applications or a related certificate means you're prepared to perform in office and administrative settings. At MVC, you'll learn how to utilize computers and technology to increase efficiency, communication and organization in a business environment using industry-standard software and hardware.
Programs of Study
21 - 27.5 Units
Why study computer applications?
What You'll Learn
- How to describe and use operating system and word processing software, graphics software for manipulating digital images and database software for constructing 3NF databases.
- How to write structured programs using C++ or Java.
- How to construct a visually appealing web site including database structures within the design.
- How to design and use spreadsheets that have embedded equations/formulas utilizing different data types.
- Office manager
- Web content administrator
- Computer programmer
- Business analyst
- Administrative assistant
- Data entry specialist
- Customer service representative