Logos and Logo Usage
College Logos, Seals and Marks
The Moreno Valley College grapnic marks depict our College's focus on partnerships and the accessibility found here as exemplified by the supportive staff in a beautiful environment.
The interlocking wordmark is Moreno Valley College's primary logo. Secondary alternatives include horizontal wordmarks, as well as the college seal, a stacked interlocking logo and seal, and our athletics marks. Select programs also have independent branding. In most cases, use the interlocking logo to represent the college.
The MVC interlocking logo is the primary college logo and should always be the first choice in any publication. The proportions of the MVC interlocking logo may never be altered. The primary color for the logo is teal. The logo must always be reproduced in this color or in black and white.
- Approved Colors: Black, white or MVC teal.
- Minimum Size: This logo should never be smaller than 0.75 inches wide in print, and never smaller than 100 pixels wide in digital applications.
- White space: The interlocking logo should have a minimum white-space around it, with the guide being the width of an "L" in "College"
- Special Usage: The interlocking logo may be reproduced in other colors on special occasions, as approved by Strategic Communications.
Horizontal Wordmark Logo
The horizontal version of the logo is the secondary MVC logo and may be used only when nothing other than a horizontal solution is feasible. Similar restrictions apply to the horizontal wordmark as to the interlocking wordmark, except for:
- Minimum width: 150 pixels or 1.5 inches
Co-branding means using the primary Moreno Valley College logo in conjunction with the name of a department or program. At request, the Printing and Graphics Center will create co-branded logos for departments and programs.
- Required font: Avenir
- Orientation: Vertical, with the interlocking wordmark on top and the name of the department below.
The primary interlocking logo may be abbreviated into MVC's acronym/initialism when space or ability to convey the full logo is impossible due to size constraints. Examples of where this using this symbol is appropriate is on building signage (such as the lit sign on the side of the Student Academic Services building) or the website favicon symbol. The initialism is special case only and may only be used with permission. Using this symbol on flyers or marketing collateral is unacceptable.
Stacked Logo with Seal
The stacked MVC logo is made up of two components: the interlocking MVC letters and the our official college seal. Due to MVC's seal being for official and ceremonial purposes only, usage of the stacked logo is limited and must be approved on a case by case basis. Contact the Office of Strategic Communications and Relations for permission to use the logo with the seal.
The components of this logo may never be rearranged, altered or reproduced, unless prior approval is gained by College administration.
Horizontal Logo with Seal
The horizontal version of the logo, with the seal, may be used only when nothing other than a horizontal solution is feasible. The horizontal logo with seal is subject to the same restrictions as the vertical stacked MVC logo comprised on the logo and seal, as all logos with the college seal are for official use only.
Beacon on the Hill College Seal
- Approved Colors: The MVC seal can only be reproduced in the official Moreno Valley College teal or black. The seal can be reversed when printed on a dark color background.
- Foil Stamping: It can be foil stamped in silver, gold, or bronze. The minimum height when foil stamping is one-half inch.
- Watermark: The seal can be printed as a watermark behind official Moreno Valley College documents such as transcripts. When screening the seal for a watermark, it cannot be screened back further than 90% of official MVC teal or black.
- Minimum Size: The seal should never be smaller than 0.75 inches wide in print, and never smaller than 100 pixels wide in digital applications.
- White space: The seal should never be closer to the edge of a composition than .25 inches or 100 pixels, or closer to another graphic element or logo than the distance of the width of the "2010" accreditation year.
- Special Usage: The seal is to be used only on official College documents. It may never be used for marketing except for official and ceremonial events. Instead, use the primary logo.
The MVC lion may only be reproduced or embroidered in the official MVC teal or black (see color guide). It cannot be reversed. The MVC mascot may only be reproduced on solid color backgrounds. It should never be embroidered or reproduced on any multi-colored background. The MVC athletic and school spirit mark is made up of the lion stepping out of the circle background and the text MVC lions. This mark is intended for athletics, student activities, and other uses to promote school spirit. It is not appropriate for academic or business use.
Ben Clark Training Center
The Ben Clark Public Safety Training Center (BCTC), located 11 miles from the main Moreno Valley College campus, is one of the largest public safety training centers in Southern California. Ben Clark Training Center is comprised of a partnership with MVC, Riverside County Sheriff's Department, California Department of Forestry & Fire Protection, Riverside County Fire Department, California Highway Patrol, and Riverside County Probation Department.
The Ben Clark Training Center, as an education center, utilizes a challenge coin logo that demonstrates the Center's commitment to public safety and the partnership-based programs available.
Service and Program Logos
Select MVC services and programs have dedicated logos. Unless approved, programs may not brand themselves or use a graphic aimed at being an identifying mark outside of a standard co-branded logo. Approved logos include:
iMAKE Innovation Center
MVC Promise Initiative
- Umoja Community
The logo is available in a variety of electronic file formats, each intended for a particular use depending on the media for which it will be reproduced. Selecting the correct file format will ensure that the logo is reproduced in the appropriate manner and will maintain the MVC brand identity. Logo requests may be sent to the college webmaster.
- EPS - vector files are for use in professional printing applications; it prints in the highest resolution, it is scalable, and has a defined color model such as CMYK or spot color.
- JPG - are bitmap images with RGB color. JPG versions of the MVC logos have opaque backgrounds in online and screen applications such as email and PowerPoint where the background is a solid white.
- PNG - are bitmap images with RGB color. PNG versions of the MVC logos have transparent backgrounds and are the best options for PowerPoint or email or in applications where the background is not a solid white.
Logo on Colorful Backgrounds
When the MVC logo is used on color backgrounds, typically it should be printed in white or black. The MVC logo should never be used on a multi-colored background unless the background is screened with a solid color to increase contrast. While a drop shadow or keyline/border are alternative options, a solid color between 25% and 75% opacity is preferred. Consult with the Office of Strategic Communications and Relations for proper usage on color backgrounds.