More and more employers are seeking Spanish speaking employees. At MVC, Spanish students improve their oral communication, listening, writing, speaking and reading skills. Whether you're a native speaker seeking to refine and formalize your understanding, or you're starting from scratch, studying Spanish not only prepares you for life in a diverse community, but makes you a more compelling job candidate.
Programs of Study
Spanish for Transfer
Associate of Arts for Transfer
The Associate of Arts in Spanish for Degree Transfer provides transfer majors with a strong foundation not only in the four basic language skills (listening comprehension, reading comprehension, speaking and writing), but also in the civilization and cultures of Spain and Latin America. The degree emphasizes the acquisition of communicative competence and the development of intercultural awareness, appreciation and understanding.
This degree assists with seamless transfer to a California State University for further studies.
Why study Spanish?
What You'll Learn
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills in Spanish by interpreting and articulating ideas, questions, opinions and information at the high-intermediate level, both orally and in writing
- Analyze the practices, products and perspectives of the Spanish-speaking countries and peoples throughout the world through a comparison of Hispanic cultures and their own
- Translator or Interpretor
- Diplomat or Civil Servant
- Marketing Specialist or Researcher
- Travel Services
- Social Worker