Explore the fundamentals of being a business owner
Entrepreneurs are leaders and innovators. MVC offers a unique business-oriented education path for students interested in starting their own business, with foundational courses that delve into design thinking, customer assessment, problem solving, financing and leveraging resources.
Programs of Study
In addition to MVC's entrepreneurship associate degree, entrepreneurial certificates are available in credit and non-credit options. Students planning to pursue these certificates across multiple semesters should start with entrepreneurial essentials, and then move through the more advanced courses and topics covered in entrepreneurial foundations and entrepreneurship and the team.
Why study entrepreneurship?
What You'll Learn
- How to develop develop a comprehensive business plan outlining the viability and sustainability of their idea and elements in establishing business partnerships.
- How to create a value proposition and test market assumptions for a business idea and offer a feasible solution.
- The ability to apply standard accounting practices in a business and able to recognize and evaluate finance opportunities.
- The ability to demonstrate the principles of the Gig Economy and recognize the different types of entrepreneurial categories.
- Business or franchise owner
- Economic developer
- Small business development specialist
- Trade worker
- Sales development or marketing specialist
- Financial or budget analyst
- Operations or Team Manager
- Business journalist