Learn how to provide preventative dental care
Moreno Valley College's Dental Hygiene Program is the only community college based dental hygiene program in the Inland Empire. We're responsible for educating future registered dental hygienists who will graduate prepared to address the oral health needs of our diverse community.
Programs of Study
Associate of Science
This program prepares individuals to clean teeth and apply preventive materials; provide oral health education and treatment counseling to patients; identify oral pathologies and injuries; and manage dental hygiene practices. This includes instruction in dental anatomy, microbiology, and pathology; dental hygiene theory and techniques; cleaning equipment operation and maintenance; dental materials; radiology; patient education and counseling; office management; supervised clinical training; and professional standards.
This program has limited enrollment and requires interested students to fulfill course prerequisites and a program application before being admitted.
More Ways to Learn
Why study dental hygiene?
What You'll Learn
- Be competent in complying with the Dental Practice Act of California.
- Practice as a competent practitioner.
- Successfully complete the National and State Licensing examinations.
- Demonstrate behavior that is based on the ethical and moral values as outlined by the American Dental Hygienists Association.
- Perform dental hygiene services as a level that promotes patient satisfaction.
- Dental or Oral Hygienist
- Dental Lab Technician
- Community Dental Health Coordinator
- Dental Consultant
- Dental Product Developer
- Health Educator
- Dental Treatment Coordinator