Learn to provide excellent dental patient care
Dental assistants are the core supporters of a dental office. Students that enroll in MVC's Dental Assistant program learn how to provide patient care services including helping dentists during dental procedures, taking x-rays, sterilizing equipment, scheduling appointments, taking dental impressions, and more.
Programs of Study
Associate of Science and Certificate
Why become a dental assistant?
What You'll Learn
- How to collect diagnostic data and perform clinical supportive treatments as outlined by the State Dental Practice Act.
- How to perform business office procedures as related to dental practices.
- How to adhere to the ADAA’s Code of Ethical Conduct and apply this to established ethical, legal and regulatory concepts for dental assisting.
- How to apply self-assessment skills to promote life-long learning.
- How to demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with diverse population.
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Lab Technician
- Community Dental Health Coordinator
- Dental Consultant
- Dental Product Developer