Create better solutions
Data provides the concrete evidence that allows businesses grow, research, streamline resources, and identify the metrics that measure their success. The wealth of data being collected and stored by the technologies can bring transformative benefits to organizations and societies around the world, but only if we can interpret it.
Data scientists and analysts use their knowledge of programming, math and statistics to organize and interpret large data sets to answer the real-world questions every business and organization has.
Programs of Study
The Data Science associate degree provides students with a foundation in data analysis. Students will model, synthesize, and present large data sets for business decision-making. This program prepares students for entry-level jobs, or to help them advance into careers.
Courses focus on the techniques and tools to extract data from various data sources, model, integrate data, and visualize data for organizational decision making and intelligence gathering. Topics covered include statistics, research methods, SQL queries, systems analysis, design, and applied predictive analytics.
The Data Analytics certificate provides students with a foundation in data analysis. Courses focus on the techniques and tools to extract data from various data sources, model, integrate data, and visualize data for organizational decision making and intelligence gathering.
Certificate courses follow the same path as the Data Science associate degree, without the need to fulfill general education requirements.
Why study data science?
What You'll Learn
- How to identify, extract, clean and maintain data in databases.
- How to interpret and evaluate data trends or patterns in complex data sets using statistical techniques, analytic methods, and tools.
- How to create and monitor reports to preserve data quality, identify critical issues, trends, and potential solutions.
- Operation Data Analyst
- Business Analytics Specialist
- System Data Analyst
- Data Visualization Developer
- Test Data Analyst
- Market Research Analyst
- Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer or Architect