Steps to become a student at MVC
June 20-July 28
January 11-June 5
August 29-December 15
January 11-August 14
January 3-February 9
October 1-December 19
February 13-June 8
October 1-January 30
* Submit application and complete A.O.C. (if applicable) by date listed to receive a registration appointment according to the new Order of Registration.
- You may apply if you meet one of the following:
- Have graduated from high school
- Have passed the CA High School Proficiency Exam
- Did not graduate but have attained a Certificate of Completion
- Have passed the GED examination
- Did not graduate but are 18 years of age or older
- Are a high school student who has satisfied the concurrent enrollment admissions requirements
- Are an international student who has satisfied the international student admissions requirements.
Moreno Valley College Home College Location
By completing this application, you are establishing Moreno Valley College as your designated home college. Moreno Valley College is one of three colleges in the Riverside Community College District, which also includes Riverside City College and Norco College. Your home college location is where you will receive most services including Assessment, Counseling, Student Financial Services, CalWORKs, EOPS/CARE, Veterans' Services, and Student Support Services. You may only submit one application for any college in the district, per term, by the application deadline.
Students may enroll in classes at any of the three colleges in the Riverside Community College District, regardless of home college location.
- Applications are processed in 24-48 hours (weekends & holidays excluded)
- You will receive email confirmation that the application has been submitted to the email address you provided on your application
- You will receive another email with 48 (holiday/ weekends excluded) with your Student ID Number, WebAdvisor Username, and your new official RCCD email address (activating this email address immediately will ensure communication with our college at all times).
- Apply early for the best selection of classes. Late applicants may experience delays in registration and limited class availability.
Step 2 - Apply for Financial Aid
- Fill out the FAFSA online. Get more information on scholarships, grants, loans and financial aid workshops at the Student Financial Services site.
- Check your WebAdvisor as there may be supporting documentation you may need to submit to obtain financial aid.
Step 3 - Mail Your Transcript(s)
- Send your college transcripts to Moreno Valley College only if you need to validate a pre-requisite or if you would like credit for a course completed at another college/institution. Please mail transcripts to:
Moreno Valley College
ATT: Admissions & Records
16130 Lasselle Street
Moreno Valley, CA 92551
- All transcripts must be official, sealed transcripts, printed no more than 90 days ago
- Students who have their transcript on file and have completed a course at another institution and need to validate a prerequisite, must complete a Prerequisite Validation form. To obtain the form, please visit the Counseling Department on the third floor of the Student Services Bldg, check the Counseling Department website for office hours. Once submitted, the form will be processed within 5 working days.
NOTE: If you prefer to hand-carry your transcript, you may do so as long as it meets the above criteria. Hand carried transcripts must be submitted to the Counseling Office located in the Student Services building on the 3rd floor, room 301 during business hours. If you are sending transcripts electronically, you can address them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 4 - Complete Assessment, Orientation and Counseling
- First-time college students need to take the assessment test. Placement test are available by appointment only during specific times and dates. For times, dates and additional information, visit the Assessment Center site or call them at (951) 571-6492.
- Click on the following link to learn more about the Assessment Test and helpful tips to help you prepare for the test and to do your best: Assessment Center.
- Approximately 48 hrs after you take the assessment test, you must complete the Online Orientation and Student Education Plan on WebAdvisor. Orientation is intended to provide informative, practical advice about the college experience as a whole. Orientation is available through your WebAdvisor. If you have any questions, please visit the Counseling Department or call them at (951) 571-6104.
Step 5 - Reconfirm and Activate your RCCD Email Account
- As a student at Moreno Valley College in the Riverside Community College District , you are now provided with free student email via Windows Live by Microsoft. MVC student email will provide you with important information regarding registration dates, upcoming events, faculty correspondence and much more. Visit the Email page for important information and steps on how to activate and access your new email account.
- Go to WebAdvisor and click on Log In Video for detailed log in instructions if this is your first time accessing the WebAdvisor.
- Registration dates and times are available 1-2 months before the term begins, see Check my Registration Dates/Holds:
- View the Registration Video on WebAdvisor
- Search for classes on WebAdvisor, or you can download or search for classes on the Schedule of Classes
- Pay special attention to important dates (ex: the last day to add, drop with a refund, without a "W", or with a "W"). On WebAdvisor click on Class Name/Deadlines
- Remember, dropping your class is your responsibility. If you decide to stop attending, do not assume your instructor will drop it for you. It is your responsibility! If you do not attend and are not dropped from the class you will receive an "F" and/or owe fees for the class. Please check drop deadlines on your WebAdvisor.
- See the How to Register for Classes page for more information
Step 7 - Pay Enrollment Fees - (see Fee Payment Deadlines)
- Your fees are due after you enroll. Every term you will pay for your units, a health fee, transportation fee (Spring/Fall), a Student Services fee (optional), and Parking (optional). You can pay over WebAdvisor using Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Students will be dropped for non-payment from unpaid classes.
- If you drop a class within the refund deadline, your refund will be returned to you 6-8 weeks after the term begins. It will be returned the same way you paid (payments made by cash or check will receive a check in the mail sent to the address on file with Admissions & Records; credit card payments will be credited back to that account).
Step 8 - Get Your RCCD Student Photo/College ID Card
- The RCCD College Card is your Official Moreno Valley College Student ID, lab and library card.
- The College Card will also provide you with access to student activities on campus, and discounts for some college events if you have paid your Student Services fee (see the Tuition & Fees section)
- Photo ID's are available at the Admissions & Records office, check the A&R website for days and times . Students must present a photo ID.
- Learn about other options available with your RCCD College Card.
Step 9 - Buy Your Textbooks
- Take a copy of your schedule to the bookstore to find out what book you need to purchase for your classes.
Step 10 - Attend Class the First Day
- If enrolled in an online class, go to the OpenCampus website for log in information.
- If your plans change and you cannot attend, be sure to officially drop your classes, it's your responsibility
- Arrive an hour early to find parking. Students are not ticketed the first two weeks (first week for Summer term) if they park in student spaces. (Note: MVC is growing and a five-year construction project has began, visit the "Construction & Parking Updates" page to stay informed).
WELCOME TO MORENO VALLEY COLLEGE!
- Admissions & Records
- AB 540/CA Dream Act
- A&R Timelinepdf
- Apply Online
- Cashier Services
- Change of Address
- Class Schedule
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Degree/Certificate Applications
- Enrollment Verification
- First Year Experience Programnew
- Getting Started
- Hours & Locations
- Non-Resident Students
- Student Email
- Student ID
- Student Handbook
- Transcript Requests
- Veterans' Services
Moreno Valley College
16130 Lasselle Street
Moreno Valley, CA 92551
Ben Clark Training Center
(951) 571-6300 new
16791 Davis Avenue
Riverside, CA 92518
16888 Bundy Avenue
Riverside, CA 92518