Reset or Change Your Password
Students, faculty, and staff can change or reset their own passwords (for Email and MyPortal) using RCCD's GO.RCCD.EDU website. First-time users must complete a short, three-step registration process. Mobile authentication for password resets is optional.
If you are a new student or have never signed into any online district services (e.g. wireless or email), your default password will be the first letter of your first name capitalized, followed by the first letter of your last name lower-case, followed by your six-digit date of birth MMDDYY.
For example, if your name is John Doe and your date of birth is August 7, 1997, your default password is Jd080797.
Please change your password immediately after logging into any online district service.
First-time Registration (View PDF Version)
Step #1 Answer Challenge Questions
Challenge questions are used when you forget your password and need to reset it. Setting up your challenge questions is required, so you can only skip this step three times before you will be forced to complete it.
- Navigate to GO.RCCD.EDU.
- Select Continue to answer challenge questions.
- Select two challenge questions and provide answers.
Step #2 Provide an Alternate Email
An alternate email (your personal email address) is used to send notifications to you when you forget your password and need to reset it. Like Step #1, providing an alternate email address is required, so you can only skip this step three times before you will be forced to complete it.
- Enter your alternate email address.
- A One Time Passcode (OTP) will be sent to your alternate email. Enter this code and select Continue.
Step #3 Setup Mobile Authentication
If you can't access your alternate email account, you can use mobile authentication to reset your password. This step is optional.
- Select your phone type and download the Google Authenticator or PortalGuard Password Reset app.
- Use the app to scan the QR code on the computer screen and enter the One Time Passcode.
Change Your Password
If you know your password and want to change it, use the Change Password option.
- At the login window, select Change Password.
- Enter your RCCD email address and password.
- Enter a new password and select Continue.
Reset Your Forgotten Password
If you've forgotten your password, you can use the Forgot Password? option to set a new one.
- At the login window, select Forgot Password?
- Enter your RCCD email and select Continue.
- Choose how you would like to authenticate: Answer your challenge quetions (configured when you setup your account), or use a One Time Passcode (OTP). If you slect the OTP option, a passcode will be sent to your alternate email address (configured when you setup your account), or you can use the Mobile Authenticator app to retrieve a passcode.