Student Success & Equity
In 2016 the Moreno Valley College Strategic Planning Council approved the creation of the Student Success & Equity (SS&E) Committee to support integrated planning for Student Success Support Programs (SSSP), Basic Skills Initiative, and Student Equity. In 2017 the Chancellor's Office requested that all colleges receiving a Basic Skills Transformation Grant include those funded initiatives in integrated planning. This website serves as a source for information about the SS&E Committee's activities and integrated planning for these initiatives at MVC.
The Student Success & Equity Committee will promote, initiate, coordinate, and recommend strategies which enhance student success and student equity at MVC. The Student Success & Equity Committee serves as a "hub" for student success initiatives such as the Student Success & Support Program (SSSP), Basic Skills Initiative, and Student Equity.
The purpose of this committee is to: align institutional goals and priorities for enhancing student success on campus; improve implementation of goals and objectives related to student success; increase communication and coordination to leverage resources to have a greater impact on student success; minimize duplication of efforts; coordinate the data management for outcomes assessment and evaluation; and provide seamless delivery of services that support student success and equity.
Responsibilities for promoting student success and equity may include:
- Reviewing, integrating, and coordinating student success initiatives (SSSP, Student Equity, and BSI)
- Identifying and assessing student needs in order to enhance student success and student equity
- Analyzing MVC student success data, with an equity lens
- Reviewing and recommending outcomes assessment and evaluation
- Exploring current research on student success and equity
- Promoting or recommending instructional and student support programs and services
- Recommending professional development activities and topics
Steering Committee Members
|Administration||AnnaMarie Amezquita||Interim Dean of Instruction|
|Andrew Sanchez, Ed.D.||Dean, Grants & Student Equity Initiatives|
|Michael Paul Wong, Ph.D.||Dean, Student Services Counseling|
|Faculty||Cordell Briggs, Ph.D.||Professor, English|
|LaTonya Parker, Ed.D.||Associate Professor|
|Sheila Pisa, Ph.D.||Professor, Mathematics|
|Classified Staff||Andrew Graham||Placement Testing Coordinator|
|Ruth Jones||Administrative Assistant, Vice President Student Services|
The Student Success & Equity Committee meets on the second Wednesday of every month at 12:20 - 2:20 pm.
Support Documentation - (7 items)
- 20171011 SSE Bylaws Draft
- Draft MVC SSE Integrated Plan Budget 20170928
- Draft MVC SSE Integrated_Plan_20171002
- MVC Aligned Planning Crosswalk 2017
- SARS Reason Codes
- SSE Committee and Work Groups Meeting Times
- Work Group Projects 2016-2017