Tutorial Services is committed to embracing diversity in our students and our tutors by fostering a dynamic, effective learning atmosphere. We are dedicated to helping students seeking academic support recognize their full potential. We strive to help our students better prepare for classes and develop the skills necessary for a successful college career. Don't hesitate to contact us for more information.
Check out our new Presentation!
Tutorial Services provides FREE on-site group and one-on-one tutoring in most academic subjects to all currently registered MVC students.
- Students are allowed two 50 minute sessions per enrolled subject per week.
- Appointments are available on a first come, first serve basis (on the hour) with a maximum of two hours per week, depending on availability of tutor or subject.
- Scheduling for tutoring sessions begins one week in advance beginning Wednesday at 3:00 PM for the following week.
- Appointments can be made at the Tutorial Learning Center (TLC) located on the second floor in the SAS building, room 206.
- Students participating in the EOPS, ACES and Guardian Scholars program receive additional 50-minute sessions per week.
- We do not provide tutoring for English and Reading courses. Please call 951-571-6128 or visit the Writing Reading Center site for more information.
New! Online Tutoring Service is now available to all MVC students enrolled in Online and Hybrid courses free of charge through a link to NetTutor located in each Blackboard course.
Learn more about NetTutor Online Tutoring Service, or visit Open Campus
In addition, we offer 1-on-1 tutoring as well as express support for students enrolled in Computer Information Systems courses. The MVC Computer Lab is located in the Science and Tech building, room 151. You can contact them at 951-571-6127 for the latest schedule or if you need more information. No appointment necessary.
We also offer Math Express tutoring which is available in the SAS Building, in the Student Tutoring Academic Resource (STAR) LAB, room 202, located next door to the Tutorial Learning Center. Math Express is for students who need same day help, no appointment necessary. Walk-ins are encouraged. STAR Lab is also a place where students can find a quiet place to study. Call 951-571-6167 for hours.
For those who need extra help in their science classes, we now offer Science Express (SAS, room 202). No appointment necessary. We cater to walk-ins. Please call for hours and subjects covered.
- Accounting 1A, 1B, 55 & 63
- Anatomy 10, 2A & 2B
- Art 1, 2, 4 & 7
- Anthropology 1, 2, 4 & 7
- Astronomy 1A
- Biology 1, 11, 30 & 34
- Business 10, 18A, 20, 30 & 51
- Chemistry 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 12A & 12B
- Most Computer Information Systems classes
- Communication 1, 2, 3 & 9
- Early Childhood Education 20, 28, 33, 42 & 54
- Economics 7 & 8
- Geography 1
- History 1, 4, 5, 6 & 7
- Health Science 1
- Humanities 10
- Math 63-65, 52, 35, 53, 36, 10, 11, 12, 1A, 1B, 1C, 2 & 3
- Medical Assisting 1A, 1B, 54, 58, 59 & 60
- Micro Biology 1
- Music 3, 4, 5, 6, 19, 26 & 32
- Physics 10, 11, 2A, 2B & 4A
- Philosophy 10 & 11
- Political Science 1
- Psychology 1, 8, 9, 33 & 35
- Sociology 1, 2, 12 & 20
- Spanish 1, 2 & 3
- And many more!
NOTE: Subject to tutor availability.
Our tutors must:
- Be enrolled in at least 6 units in fall and spring or 3 units in summer and winter.
- Have previously completed the course(s) with a grade of "A" or "B."
- Possess exceptional communication and people skills.
We need your feedback, please take a quick survey about the Tutoring Center!
SAS building, room 206
To schedule a tutoring appointment, our office is open:
Monday: 10 am - 5 pm