Scholarships are financial aid awards designed to help you pay for your education. Scholarships can be a one-time award or renewable and may require that certain academic or demographic qualifications be met. Moreno Valley College has opportunities to apply for scholarships through the RCCD Foundation, through MVC-sponsored programs and competitions, as well as outside scholarship resources. Below is a collection of scholarships available directly to MVC students.
RCCD Foundation Scholarships
The Riverside Community College District (RCCD) Foundation offers scholarships for continuing and transferring students. Qualifications vary, such as financial need, academic performance, your selected major or academic program, career goal, club and community involvement, etc. To be considered for a scholarship, you must complete the scholarship application and go through the eligibility and selection process. Please see the information below to apply for RCCD Foundation Scholarships.
The application period for general RCCD scholarships for the 2019-20 year is closed.
Scholarships for High School Seniors only are currently available.
Deadline to apply: April 30, 2019
For a comprehensive list of outside scholarship opportunities, visit the RCCD Scholarship Site. Navigate to the Opportunities section and look under under External. Get started by accessing the RCCD Scholarship site.
- California Community College Student Financial Aid Administrators Association (CCCSFAAA) pdf: A state scholarship sponsoring a total of twenty $500 student scholarships; two $500 scholarships for each of the ten California Community College regions across the state. In addition, there will be one $1,000 scholarship from the Mariana Deeken, Well It Depends scholarship fund. Apply by April 2, 2019.
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship: A scholarship that supports the nation's top community college students in completing their bachelor's degrees through university transfer with financial aid, planning, and advising.
- Career One Stop: A U.S. Department of Labor career exploration and training site that includes a comprehensive list of scholarships and grant awards.
- Immigrants Rising: A list of scholarships available to undocumented students. Formerly known as E4FC.
- Scholarship Competitions and Breakfasts
- These annual scholarships support and award MVC students scholarships through essay, speech, and arts competitions.
- ATHENA Student Leadership Program Scholarship
- The ATHENA scholarship will be awarded to a Moreno Valley College student with a 2.0 GPA and an outstanding record of community service for the current academic year.
For further assistance with scholarships, please contact us.