RCCD Foundation Scholarships
The Riverside Community College District (RCCD) Foundation offers scholarships for continuing and transferring students. Qualifications vary, such as financial need, academic performance, your selected major or academic program, career goal, club and community involvement, etc. To be considered for a scholarship you must complete the scholarship application and go through the eligibility and selection process. Please see the information below to apply for RCCD Foundation scholarships.
The application period for the general RCCD Foundation Scholarships has ended for the 2017-2018 academic year. Notification of results will take place in early May.
Scholarships for High School Seniors only are currently available with a deadline of April 28, 2017. For more information, download the High School Seniors information document.
Who Can Apply?
If you are an admitted student at MVC and have a student email address, you can apply for scholarships!
- Students already registered in classes: RCCD offers scholarships for continuing and transferring students. Get information to determine if you are a continuing or a transferring student.
- Students not yet registered in classes: If you have applied for admission to MVC but have not yet enrolled in classes, please see the detailed information in the How to Apply section below.
- Think you wouldn't qualify? Think again! If you don't apply, you have already decided you won't get a scholarship. While some scholarships are very general and have many applicants, there are others that do not have many applicants that fit the criteria, and you might be the perfect fit! Please read this document for more information if you don't want to apply because you don't think you qualify.
How to Prepare to Apply for Scholarships
- Activate and use your MVC student email address.
- Think of at least one person who will complete a scholarship recommendation for you. Get information on how to obtain a scholarship recommendation or see the How to Apply section below.
- Get a copy of your unofficial transcript from WebAdvisor and scan it into an electronic copy to have ready in case it is required. Get information about how to access your transcript.
How to Apply for RCCD Scholarships
DEADLINE: Friday, January 13, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
But don't wait until it's too late, get started now!
- Go to the Scholarship Application site (click on the button below), and follow the log in instructions.
- Fill out the Scholarship Application including essay questions and provide email addresses for anyone from whom you are requesting a recommendation and click on submit.
- Fill out any supplemental questions or upload additional items required for scholarships you are matched to.
- Complete the application process before January 13, 2017. Log back in or watch for emails for important messages.
How to Get Help
- Get information for times and locations of Scholarship workshops.
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions.
What Happens After I Apply?
- Get information on how recipients are selected.
- I'm a scholarship recipient: Congratulations! Please see the information below for next steps.
- Get information on how you will be notified and recognition events.
- Get information on how to accept your scholarship and how the funds are disbursed.
- Get information on retaining scholarship eligibility and Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Get information on writing thank you letters.
- I was not selected for a scholarship: Even though you were not selected this time, don't be discouraged. Your application remains active for this academic year and you may be selected as an alternate later in the year. Get information regarding the process for alternates. Also, be sure to keep your contact information current with MVC even if you have transferred to a University. That way, if you are considered as an alternate we can contact you.
For further assistance with scholarships, please contact us.