Back to Top
My Portal  |   New Online/Hybrid Classes  |   A - Z Index  |   Directory  |   People   Disability Accommodation Resources

Grants Available to Students

2016/2017 Child Development Grant Application Available

The "Child Development Grant" is designed for students who are attending a California Community College or a four-year institution and pursuing a Child Development Permit to teach or supervise in licensed children's centers.
Award amounts range from $1000.00 at the community college level to $2000.00 at the four-year university level per academic year.
Applications available online (see below), Student Financial Services (SFS) Office or Early Childhood Studies (ECS) Dept. at Moreno Valley College (MVC).


Complete applications must be submitted with a 2016/2017 Student Aid Report (SAR), which is generated from the FAFSA at by August 18, 2016 to the SFS Office or the Early Childhood Studies Office at Moreno Valley College-Attn: Carrie Worley.


Eligibility Requirements

  • Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen
  • Be a California resident
  • Submit a complete 2016/2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to June 1, 2016 at List Title IV code 041735 for MVC
  • Meet federal Selective Service filing requirements
  • Maintain at least half-time enrollment in approved courses leading to a Permit
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP) as defined by the postsecondary educational institution
  • Be nominated by an eligible postsecondary institution or nominated by the employing agency
  • Commit to full-time employment in a licensed children's center in California for a period of one year for each year of benefits received

Application Process

  1. Complete the 2016/2017  FAFSA at prior to June 1, 2016.List Title IV code 041735 for MVC
  2. Submit 2016/2017  Child Development Grant Application to the SFS Office or the Early Childhood Studies Office at Moreno Valley College-Attn: Carrie Worley by August 18, 2016
  3. Complete 2016/2017  financial aid file to the Student Financial Services Office prior to July 14, 2016 for priority processing
  4. Meet with an Academic Counselor, for current Student Ed Plan (SEP). Call (951) 571-6104 to schedule an appointment
  5. Enroll in 6 or more units from current SEP for Fall 2016 and Spring 2017