Grants Available to Students
2016/2017 Child Development Grant Application Available
The "Child Development Grant" is designed for students who are attending a California Community College or a four-year institution and pursuing a Child Development Permit to teach or supervise in licensed children's centers.
Award amounts range from $1000.00 at the community college level to $2000.00 at the four-year university level per academic year.
Applications available online (see below), Student Financial Services (SFS) Office or Early Childhood Studies (ECS) Dept. at Moreno Valley College (MVC).
- Complete the 2016/2017 Child Development Grant Program Application
Complete applications must be submitted with a 2016/2017 Student Aid Report (SAR), which is generated from the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov by August 18, 2016 to the SFS Office or the Early Childhood Studies Office at Moreno Valley College-Attn: Carrie Worley.
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen
- Be a California resident
- Submit a complete 2016/2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) prior to June 1, 2016 at www.fafsa.gov. List Title IV code 041735 for MVC
- Meet federal Selective Service filing requirements
- Maintain at least half-time enrollment in approved courses leading to a Permit
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP) as defined by the postsecondary educational institution
- Be nominated by an eligible postsecondary institution or nominated by the employing agency
- Commit to full-time employment in a licensed children's center in California for a period of one year for each year of benefits received
- Complete the 2016/2017 Â FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov prior to June 1, 2016.List Title IV code 041735 for MVC
- Submit 2016/2017 Â Child Development Grant Application to the SFS Office or the Early Childhood Studies Office at Moreno Valley College-Attn: Carrie Worley by August 18, 2016
- Complete 2016/2017 Â financial aid file to the Student Financial Services Office prior to July 14, 2016 for priority processing
- Meet with an Academic Counselor, for current Student Ed Plan (SEP). Call (951) 571-6104 to schedule an appointment
- Enroll in 6 or more units from current SEP for Fall 2016 and Spring 2017