DISCLAIMER: The medical information provided by the links on this page is for educational purposes only; it is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always consult your physician or healthcare provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Allergy and Asthma
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
Comprehensive information about Asthma and Allergies plus "Ask the Allergist" feature.
Attention Deficit Disorder
- Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- ADD & Substance Abuse
- One ADD Place
- Guide to Lowering Blood Pressure with DASH Eating Plan
Tips on reducing blood pressure through diet from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health.
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
Information on symptoms, treatment and prevention of high blood pressure from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health.
Body Art and Piercing
- Mesothelioma Lawyer Center: Free resources for Mesothelioma Victims & their Loved Ones
- Prevent Cancer Foundation
- American Cancer Society
Facts about cancer prevention and detection, tips on eating healthy and getting fit, and the latest on treatment and research.
- American Institute for Cancer Research
Tips on preventing cancer through diet and exercise.
- American Heart Association
Get the lowdown on lowering your cholesterol to help reduce your risk of heart attack. Includes tips on cooking heart-healthy recipes.
- University of Alberta: University Wellness Services
- Duke University Student Health Center
- Columbia University's Health Q&A Internet Service
- University at Buffalo Wellness Education Services
- American Diabetes Association
Facts about detection, prevention and tips on living with diabetes.
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- California Partnership to End Domestic Violence
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Domestic Violence Agencies and Prevention Programs in California
- American Bar Association Commission on Domestic Violence
Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Adult Children of Alcoholics
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- College-Age and Young Adults
- Facts on Tap
- Looking for Treatment? Use the SAMHSA Treatment Locator or call 1-800-662-HELP (4357).
- Narcotics Anonymous
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Phoenix House Treatment Program
- Prevention Online
- Substance Abuse and Mental Helath Services Administration (SAMHSA):
October is National Substance Abuse Prevention Month
- The Partnership at DrugFree.org
- Fact Sheets - Find information on alcohol use in college, date rape drugs, dating violence, hazing, and sexual assault.
- National Depression & Bipolar Support Alliance
- National Anxiety Foundation
- National Mental Health Information Center
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration
- Mayo Clinic
Searchable guide to hundreds of diseases and conditions, symptoms, drugs and supplements and tests and procedures.
Health-related news and features, links to health conditions and communities, drugs and supplements, healthy living, eating and diet, parenting and pregnancy, mental health and pet health.
- Healthier Workplace, Healthier YOU
The Office Worker's Guide to Staying Healthy in the Workplace.
- Dr. Koop.com
- National Library of Medicine
- Health World Online
Government Health Sites
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Health Promotion
Comprehensive information on a variety of health-related topic. Includes statistics and tips for staying healthy.
An encyclopedia of more than 1,600 health-related topics from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Includes health news and interactive personal health tools to check your health, get advice and keep track of your progress.
- National Institutes of Health
Up-to-date information on various health-related topics, education and research.
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
Dietary Guidelines for Americans published every five year by the U.S. Departments of Health and Human Services and Agriculture.
- National Headache Foundation
News and resources from the world's largest organization for the support of headache sufferers.
Heart Disease and Stroke
- Active.com - Matters of the Heart
Learn how to keep your heart beating healthy and strong with these tips and guidelines for fitness and nutrition.
- American Heart Association
Learn the warning signs of heart disease and stroke plus how to maintain a healthy heart through proper cooking, eating, exercise and weight and stress management.
- National Heart Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI) Health Education Resources
Provides information on heart, vascular, blood and lung diseases, various health-related recipe collections and links for special audiences such as African-American, Latinos and Women.
- National Stroke Association
Comprehensive information about strokes, their risk factors, prevention and recovery. Includes links for stroke survivors, caregivers and families and African-Americans and Stroke.
Infectious Diseases and Resources
- CDC Ebola Virus Website
- CDC Ebola Virus Fact Sheet
- CDC Ebola FAQ
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- Center for AIDS Intervention Research - Medical College of Wisconsin
- HIV Insite - University of California San Francisco
- HIV/AIDS Testing Sites
- Meningococcal Disease:
- Zika virus and its implications for college health
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America (ADAA)
Resource for the diagnosis, treatment and cure of anxiety disorders including Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder.
- National Institute of Mental Health
The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) website offers information on mental health conditions, prevention and treatment.
- National Mental Health Association
Links to latest news about mental health conditions.
- Screening for Mental Health
Offers online screening for a variety of mental health issues targeted to specific audiences including college students.
Nutrition & Weight Management
- Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- Food and Nutrition Information Center
- Arbor Nutrition Guide
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Overeaters Anonymous
- Vegetarian Times
- Harvard School of Public Health/Nutrition
- National Library of Medicine Drugs, Supplements, and Herbal Information
- RxList - The Internet Drug Index
- Drug InfoNet
Sexually Transmitted Diseases & Infections
- American Social Health Association
- Center for Disease Control
- Safe in the City STD Videos
- Planned Parenthood STI/STD Information
- American Academy of Dermatology: Be Sun Smart
You can have fun in the sun and decrease your risk of skin cancer.
- American Cancer Society:
Practical steps to stay sun safe.
- Skin Cancer Foundation: Skin Cancer: Prevention Guidelines
See if your skin type puts you at greater risk for skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Foundation: Self Examination
If you can spot it, you can stop it. Learn how.
- WebMD:Understanding Skin Cancer - Diagnosis and Treatment
Treatments and therapies for skin cancer.
- Sleep Foundation
Information on a variety of sleep topics and disorders.
- National Center on Sleep Disorder Research
Guide to sleep research, training and information.
- WebMD Sleep Health Center
Overview of sleep disorders and issues.
Smoking & Tobacco Related Sites
- American Lung Association
Latest news on lung health research and tobacco control advocacy.
- Committed Quitters
Create your own tailored quit plan.
Step-by-step guide to quitting tobacco use.
- WebMD: Are You Ready to Quit Smoking?
Interactive tool measures your readiness to quit smoking. Based on your answers, this tool will identify the stage of readiness you are in and help you think about what to do next to move you towards quitting for good.