Why Join FYE?
The First Year Experience Program, as part of the Student Equity Plan at Moreno Valley College, integrates academic enrichment and student support services to enable students in pre-college or college-level courses to complete successfully the transition from high school to college.
- A Summer Bridge program designed to jump-start your academic success, awareness of college resources and personal factors that contribute to success.
- PRIORITY REGISTRATION for the fall and spring semester of the first year.
- One-on-one counseling appointments and educational planning.
- Student success peer leader support
- Special activities and events throughout the year.
If students are interested in FYE, they must meet the following requirements:
- Have a high school diploma/GED OR have reached the age of 18 by June 2017
- New first time college students (never attended college before)
- Will commit to be a full-time student during the fall and spring semester (must enroll in English and math courses)
- Will commit to the program and requirements for the entire year
- Participate in the MVC Summer Bridge Program