You can now fill out the EOPS/CARE Programs Application Interest List
What is CARE?
The CARE Program was established by the State of California as a supplemental component to EOPS that specifically assist students, who are single heads of welfare households with young children and "to help welfare recipients become convinced that they and their children are important, that they are capable, and that with proper support they can break the welface dependency cycle through education and job training."
What are CARE Services?
CARE services provide additional assistance to meet the unique needs of single parents. CARE eligible students may receive the following services:
- Additional counseling/advisement
- Child care and transportation assistance
- Textbooks and school supplies
- Student success and life skills workshops
CARE Eligibility Criteria
A student is eligible if he/she meets the following criteria:
- Have been determined EOPS eligible first
- Are enrolled in at least 12 units upon acceptance
- Are 18 years old, and single head of household
- Are currently received AFDC/TANF assistance and have at least one child under 14 years of age
- Have applied for financial aid (FAFSA) and the Board of Governor's (BOG) fee waiver.
CARE Office Hours
See the Contact Us section.
Important CARE Deadlines
See the EOPS Home Page section for Online Application Deadlines, Updates, and Other Important CARE Information.
CARE Workshop Dates