Disabled Student Services (DSS)
Disabled Student Services will be closed on December 16th
Special hours for Disabled Student Services from December 15th, 17th-19th, 22nd thru 24th , we will be open from 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Disabled Student Services will be closed from December 25th through January 1st , 2015
The Disabled Student Services office will be relocating to the 2nd floor of the Library building in LIB 230.
We are still in the process of relocating.
Due to the implementation of new state guidelines, all DSS students who have completed their college assessment, orientation, and counseling are eligible for priority registration as a service. Students who have been approved for priority registration as an accommodation will not experience a change to their priority registration.
If you were approved to use DSS Priority Registration as an accommodation:
1. Visit the DSS office and meet with a specialist to be cleared for winter 2015 Priority Registration if you have not done so already.
2. You will be able to register for classes beginning Tuesday, November 11.
If you were NOT approved to use DSS Priority Registration as an accommodation:
1. Visit the DSS office and meet with a specialist to be cleared for winter 2015 Priority Registration.
2. You will NOT be able to use Priority Registration if you have been placed on Academic or progress probation for 2+ consecutive semesters.
3. You will NOT be able to use Priority Registration if you exceed 100 units (unless you are in an approved high-unit major).
4. You will ONLY be able to use Priority Registration from Tuesday-Friday, November 11-14.
5. If you do not meet these guidelines OR if you miss registration during the above dates, you must wait until your assigned Web advisor date to register for classes.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office at (951) 571-6138
Welcome to the Moreno Valley College Disabled Students Services (DSS). DSS has been serving individuals with disabilities for over 45 years. In 1961, Riverside Community College District(RCCD) was already nationally recognized for innovative practices in meeting the academic and career training needs of the community. RCCD then became the first public post-secondary institution in the country to begin a program of support services specifically for students with disabilities. RCCD provided services to only twelve students with disabilities that first year. Today, the Riverside Community College District has provided accommodations and services to well over 2,000 students. The number of students who utilize services at all three colleges continues to grow each year.
We hope the information provided on these web pages will answer your questions regarding eligibility requirements, support services and accommodations available, and how to access those services. Please take your time to navigate the webpage and see what we have to offer. If you or someone you know would be eligible for services we provide or if you have questions not answered on these pages, please email us, give us a call or drop by one of our offices to meet the staff and tour the facility.
Current/Incoming Students and Priority Registration
- Current Student Instructions to DSS (Year-Round)
- DSS Priority Registration for the 2014-15 Academic Year
- Incoming College Students
Visit the National Resource Directory, a valuable online partnership for wounded, ill and injured service members, veterans, their families, and those who support them.
To inquiry about our services, you may contact us at:
Humanities 222 (second floor) New Location!
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
(951) 571-6138 Voice
(951) 571-6140 TDD
(951) 571-6184 Fax
Moreno Valley College
16130 Lasselle Street
Moreno Valley, CA 92551
Ben Clark Training Center
16791 Davis Avenue
Riverside, CA 92518
16888 Bundy Avenue
Riverside, CA 92518