CalWorks at MVC
"Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence." Unknown
CalWORKs will help you achieve self-sufficiency through employment and education. If you are a TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) recipient with minor children, and attending or planning to attend Moreno Valley College, you may be eligible to receive special support services.
MVC's CalWORKs support services include counseling, priority registration, job search and resume assistance, resource referrals, and intensive joint case management with the county GAIN program.
Please view the List Of Workshops for current information - this list is updated throughout the semester...workshop dates, times, and locations may change at any time.
We now have DVD videos available for viewing in our computer Lab:
»"Career Spotlight on Business" workshop
»"Interview Secrets" workshop
»"Career Spotlight on Social Work" workshop
»"Career Spotlight on Nursing" workshop
Visit or contact our office for more information.
- CalWORKs students must provide valid proof that YOU receive cash aid FOR YOURSELF each semester to receive: Attendance Verification, Student Educational Plans (SEP's), Priority Registration, Referrals to Work Study, Assistance with Books, Counseling Appointments and all other services.
- We have limited services available to Post-Employment students, those students who stopped receiving cash aid within the last 2 years and are currently employed through unsubsidized employment. Proof of the date of termination or case closure and current employment are required. Proof of cash aid or post-employment is required before any services can be provided.
- The following are examples of valid (acceptable) documentation:
- Welfare to work Plan (GAIN contract)
- Letter from GAIN worker
- Notice of Action (NOA) stating your name and the type of aid received (CalWORKs Student, Cash Aid/Medical)
- Passport to Services
NOTE: Proof of Cash Aid must be submitted each semester and must be dated or stamped with the County timestamp within the semester you are verifying.
Current and Former Foster Youth
MVC has expanded services to Current & Former Foster Youth. Please visit the Foster Youth Support Services program page to learn more.
|SERVICES AVAILABLE||CALWORKS WORK STUDY|
Moreno Valley College teams up with employers to provide subsidized job training, for the CalWORKs work study program, to eligible students. This program benefits employers as well as students to be eligible students are required to:
To get started or if you have any questions, please contact us at:
Our new location is Humanities #223A.
Summer Office Hours:
We have a locked drop box outside our office door if you need to turn in documents when the office is closed.
NOTE: The CalWORKs office is open (on Mondays only) from 8:30 am to 4 pm the first week of winter and summer sessions, and the first two weeks of the fall and spring semesters.
Abreesha Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org) (951) 571-6154 Front Desk
Nicole LeDuff (email@example.com) (951) 571-6498
- Inland Empire Community Calendar 2016pdf
- Raise Your GPA
- @LIKE Linking Innovation Knowledge Employment - Need help getting your HS diploma, GED, job?
- CalWorks Vehicle Policypdf
- Career Vision: These workshops provide out-of-the-box, innovative, and imaginative ideas that turn the job search process from reactive to proactivepdf
- EBT Surcharge-Free ATMspdf
- GAIN Forms:
- Planning Your Schedule (blank) spreadsheetxlsx
- Time Management for Studentspdf
- Secured Credit Cards: Low Credit and No Credit Finance Options
- Student Credit Cards: The Best Cards and How to Handle Them Responsibly
- RCCD's Academic Calendar
- Black History Month - Spring 2015pdf
- Black History Month - Spring 2014pdf
- Black History Month - Spring 2012pdf