CalWorks at MVC
The CalWORKS office will be closed for the holidays, December 21, 2017 - January 1, 2018.
Normal hours resume January 2. Please plan ahead and visit us prior to office closure dates. During office closures, paperwork can be dropped off in a locked drop box outside the CalWORKs office. Thank you and happy holidays!
"Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence." Unknown
CalWORKs will help you achieve self-sufficiency through employment and education. If you are a TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) recipient with minor children, and attending or planning to attend Moreno Valley College, you may be eligible to receive special support services.
MVC's CalWORKs support services include counseling, priority registration, job search and resume assistance, resource referrals, and intensive joint case management with the county GAIN program.
Please view the List Of Workshops for current information - this list is updated throughout the semester...workshop dates, times, and locations may change at any time.
We now have DVD videos available for viewing in our computer Lab:
»"Career Spotlight on Business" workshop
»"Interview Secrets" workshop
»"Career Spotlight on Social Work" workshop
»"Career Spotlight on Nursing" workshop
Visit or contact our office for more information.
EVENTS(Workshops are open to ALL MVC Students)
Please contact our office to sign up for workshops or if you have any questions.
|The Power of Paycheck Planning - Budgeting 101|
|January 11, 2018|
12:50 - 1:50 pm
|This informative and entertaining workshop will show you how to take control of your finances by learning to budget your paycheck – before you spend it. A representative from Credit.org will be hosting this workshop. Open to all students.|
|Writing Your Scholarship Success Essay – FINAL REVIEW|
|January 12, 2018|
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Join us for a Final Review of your scholarship essay and apply for this year's fall scholarships. This is an interactive workshop set in a computer lab. You may bring your laptop or use one of the computers in the lab. Please note this workshop is on the deadline date to apply for this year's fall scholarships. Open to all students.|
A complementary lunch will be served.
Gas Card Disclaimer:
Currently enrolled MVC CalWORKS students with CURRENT proof of cash aid for self and have a verified unmet financial need are eligible to receive a $25 gas card for transportation assistance for attending this workshop. Gas Cards are given to "eligible" students for attending workshops (must attend entire workshop). Students will be screened for eligibility prior to the workshop. "Eligible" students who signed up before the workshop (at least one day) may receive a Gas Card at the workshop. Otherwise, please allow one week after the workshop to receive your gas card. Please follow-up with Nicole LeDuff.
*You may receive up to three (3) Gas Cards per semester for workshop attendance. Workshop attendance records are kept in the CalWORKS office.
- CalWORKs students must provide valid proof that YOU receive cash aid FOR YOURSELF each semester to receive: Attendance Verification, Student Educational Plans (SEP's), Priority Registration, Referrals to Work Study, Assistance with Books, Counseling Appointments and all other services.
- We have limited services available to Post-Employment students, those students who stopped receiving cash aid within the last 2 years and are currently employed through unsubsidized employment. Proof of the date of termination or case closure and current employment are required. Proof of cash aid or post-employment is required before any services can be provided.
- The following are examples of valid (acceptable) documentation:
- Welfare to work Plan (GAIN contract)
- Letter from GAIN worker
- Notice of Action (NOA) stating your name and the type of aid received (CalWORKs Student, Cash Aid/Medical)
- Passport to Services
NOTE: Proof of Cash Aid must be submitted each semester and must be dated or stamped with the County timestamp within the semester you are verifying.
Current and Former Foster Youth
MVC has expanded services to Current & Former Foster Youth. Please visit the Foster Youth Support Services program page to learn more.
|SERVICES AVAILABLE||CALWORKS WORK STUDY|
Moreno Valley College teams up with employers to provide subsidized job training, for the CalWORKs work study program, to eligible students. This program benefits employers as well as students to be eligible students are required to:
To get started or if you have any questions, please contact us at:
Fall Office Hours:
NOTE: The CalWORKs office is open (on Mondays only) from 8:30 am to 4 pm the first week of winter and summer sessions, and the first two weeks of the fall and spring semesters.
Abreesha Jones (email@example.com) (951) 571-6154 Front Desk
Nicole LeDuff (firstname.lastname@example.org) (951) 571-6498
- Inland Empire Community Calendar 2016pdf
- Raise Your GPA
- @LIKE Linking Innovation Knowledge Employment - Need help getting your HS diploma, GED, job?
- CalWorks Vehicle Policypdf
- Career Vision: These workshops provide out-of-the-box, innovative, and imaginative ideas that turn the job search process from reactive to proactivepdf
- EBT Surcharge-Free ATMspdf
- GAIN Forms:
- Planning Your Schedule (blank) spreadsheetxlsx
- Time Management for Studentspdf
- Secured Credit Cards: Low Credit and No Credit Finance Options
- Student Credit Cards: The Best Cards and How to Handle Them Responsibly
- RCCD's Academic Calendar
- Black History Month - Spring 2015pdf
- Black History Month - Spring 2014pdf
- Black History Month - Spring 2012pdf