College can be stressful and confusing. The counseling staff and faculty at Moreno Valley College are here to help you reach your academic goals.
To Schedule a Counseling Appointment
To schedule an appointment with a counselor you will need to have a student id number issued by the Riverside Community College District and have Moreno Valley College selected as your home college.
The following scheduling options are available to students who would like to schedule a counseling appointment:
- See us in person. We are located in the Student Services building, third floor, room 301
- Contact us
- Through our online scheduling system (ESARS)
The counselors can provide guidance on matters such as:
- New What can I do with a major in...?
- Career counseling
- Creating/ updating a Comprehensive Educational Plan - What is this?
- Transfer Requirements
- Associate Degree Requirements
- Certificate Requirements
- Graduation Requirements
- Review of current course work in relation to program of study
Check-in: If you have scheduled an appointment please check in at the front counter of the Student Services building, third floor, room 301. Please check-in at least 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. If you have scheduled an appointment with Mr. Townsell or Ms. Thurston, you will need to check in for your appointment in the Humanities building, first floor, room 113. Please bring Photo Identification.
Late/ No show/ Cancellation policy: If you check-in more than 10 minutes late your appointment will be cancelled and you will need to reschedule. If you are unable to keep an appointment, it is your responsibility to cancel the appointment and give us a 1 hour advance notice by calling (951) 571-6104 or stopping by the Counseling Department. Students who do not show or are 10 minutes late to the counseling appointment will be marked as "NO SHOW" on their appointment record. After three missed appointments (NO SHOWS) you will then be required to meet with the Vice President of Student Services before being able to schedule an appointment.
Walk-in counseling is intended to assist students with quick questions that can be answered sufficiently in a period of 10 minutes or less. Walk-in counseling is based on counselor availability. Please call in advance to learn of walk-in service times. The counselors can provide brief guidance on matter such as:
- Academic advising
- Course selection
- Dates and deadlines
- Add/Drop classes and consequences
- Abbreviated Educational Plans
- Credit/ No credit grading
- Readmit contracts
- Matriculation appeal petition forms/ Prerequisite validation forms
Check in: If you would like to speak with a counselor for a walk-in please check-in at the front counter of the Student Services building, third floor, room 301. Please bring Photo Identification. Wait times may vary depending on amount of students waiting. Students will be serviced on a first come, first serve basis. The Counseling Department may close the walk-in list at an earlier time depending on the amount of students signed up.
Student Services, room 301
Monday and Thursday: 8 am - 5 pm
Wednesday and Tuesday: 8 am - 6 pm
Friday: 8 am - 4 pm
* We may close the walk-in list at an earlier time if deemed necessary due to the amount of students waiting to speak with a counselor.
* NOTE: Information is for reference and is subject to change without notice