College can be stressful and confusing. The counseling staff and faculty at Moreno Valley College are here to help you reach your academic goals. Our dedicated team of academic counselors offer a range of college and career planning services.
To Schedule a Counseling Appointment
To schedule an appointment with a counselor you will need to have a student id number issued by the Riverside Community College District and have Moreno Valley College selected as your home college.
The following scheduling options are available to students who would like to schedule a counseling appointment:
- See us in person. We are located in the Student Services building, third floor, room 301
- Contact us
- Through our online scheduling system (ESARS)
The counselors can provide guidance on matters such as:
- New What can I do with a major in...?
- Career counseling
- Creating/ updating a Comprehensive Educational Plan - What is this?
- Transfer Requirements
- Associate Degree Requirements
- Certificate Requirements
- Graduation Requirements
- Review of current course work in relation to program of study
Check-in: If you have scheduled an appointment please check in at the front counter of the Student Services building, third floor, room 301. Please check-in at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. If you have scheduled an appointment with Ms. Murell, Dr. Orr or Ms. Trejo, you will need to check in for your appointment in the Humanities building, first floor, room 104. Please bring Photo Identification.
Late/ No show/ Cancellation policy: If you check-in more than 10 minutes late your appointment will be cancelled and you will need to reschedule. If you are unable to keep an appointment, it is your responsibility to cancel the appointment and give us a 1 hour advance notice by calling (951) 571-6104 or stopping by the Counseling Department. Students who do not show or are 10 minutes late to the counseling appointment will be marked as "NO SHOW" on their appointment record. After three missed appointments (NO SHOWS) you will then be required to meet with the Vice President of Student Services before being able to schedule an appointment.
Open counseling is intended to assist students on a same day basis. Therefore, eliminating the need for students to wait for a pre-scheduled appointment. Open counseling is based on counselor availability and on a first come, first serve basis. Please call in advance to inquire of open counseling service times and bring photo identification to your open counseling appointment. Services provided during open counseling include:
- Academic advising
- Course selection
- Dates and deadlines
- Add/Drop classes and consequences
- Abbreviated Educational Plans
- Credit/ No credit grading
- Readmit contracts
- Matriculation appeal petition forms/ Prerequisite validation forms
- Development of an abbreviated or comprehensive student educational plan
- Update a comprehensive student educational plan
- Career counseling
- Transfer requirements
- Certificate, associate, and/or graduation requirements
Student Services, room 301
Counseling Office Hours:
Monday and Thursday: 8 am - 5 pm
Tuesday and Wednesday: 8 am - 6 pm
Friday: 8 am - 2 pm
* Open counseling may close at an earlier time if deemed necessary due to the amount of students waiting to speak with a counselor.
* Counseling office hours may differ from counseling service times. Call in advance to inquire about counseling service times.
* NOTE: Information is for reference and is subject to change without notice