Submit the application confirmation page, official high school transcripts, and completed High School Concurrent Enrollment (HSCE) School/Parent Approval Form to Admission & Records by these dates for each term you wish to attend:
- Summer 2016 term: January 11-June 5
- Fall 2016 term: January 11- August 14
- Spring 2017 term: October 1-January 30
About the Program
Effective Fall 2014, minor high school students who are capable of benefiting from advanced scholastic or vocational work, are classified as highly gifted and/or talented, or are seeking educational opportunities not otherwise available to them, may be eligible for admission to Moreno Valley College as a special student, pursuant to Sections 48800, 48800.5, 48802, 76001, and 76002 of the California Education Code.
All high school students wishing to attend Moreno Valley College are required to submit the following documents by the published deadline:
- Moreno Valley College Online Application Confirmation Page
- Completed High School Concurrent Enrollment (HSCE) School/Parent Approval Form
- Official High School Transcripts
All approved high school concurrent enrollment students will have enrollment access on the first day of each term in order to ensure that they do not displace regularly admitted students.
Students enrolled in a Home Study Program must provide proof that the Home Study Program is registered with the State Of California.
Please see below for more information regarding eligibility, steps to apply, course registration, and guidelines.
To qualify for concurrent admissions with Moreno Valley College, students must be at least 16 years of age or have completed the 10th grade and in good standing with a high school G.P.A. of at least 3.0.
Students under 16 or who have not completed the 10th grade must receive supplementary approval from the Director of Admissions & Records through an additional interview process. The interview and approval process in addition to the required documents must be completed and submitted by the application deadline to be eligible to attend Moreno Valley College.
Steps to Admission
Complete these steps and submit all required documents each term you wish to attend:
- Complete the Online Admission Application and print the confirmation page.
- Complete the High School Concurrent Enrollment School/Parent Approval form, ensuring that it has been reviewed and signed by you, a parent or guardian, and a principal or designee at your high school.
- Obtain your official high school transcripts (must be in a sealed envelope, within 90 days of the issue date, and have school seal)
- Submit the entire packet (application confirmation page, official high school transcripts, and HSCE School/Parent Approval Form) in person to Moreno Valley College Admissions and Records before the posted deadlines.
- Activate your Student Email. You will only be notified via your student email account of your approval status approximately one month before the term begins.
NOTE: It is essential that you check your student email regularly for notification of approval for HSCE and other important information and updates, such as available courses, schedule changes, waitlist status, and more. Visit the Student Email page for steps on how to access it.
- Enroll in classes
- If approved, you can begin to enroll in classes on/after the first day of the term.
- Review course offerings in the class schedule noting dates, prerequisites, location and times of classes.
- Register for classes online through WebAdvisor or in person at the A&R counter.
- “Add” and “Drop” deadlines are strictly enforced
- Pay fees
- Purchase parking permit online in WebAdvisor.
- HSCE students may enroll in a maximum of 8 units in Fall/Spring and 5 units in Summer.
- HSCE students are not permitted to enroll in any Kinesiology (KIN) courses.
- HSCE students approved at Moreno Valley College may enroll into general courses offered at Riverside City or Norco College, in accordance with each college’s high school concurrent enrollment policies and procedures.
- HSCE students approved at Riverside City or Norco College may only enroll into Moreno Valley College classes in person.