Moreno Valley College Promise Initiative
Moreno Valley College is investing in your success. Your first year of college is free. Apply now!
The Moreno Valley College Promise is a commitment to help students complete their associate degree requirements, transfer requirements, and/or workforce certificate requirements in a timely and efficient manner.
A Commitment To
- Allow all students to reach their full potential with the goal of achieving a significant and long term impact on closing the equity gaps within our college and within our community
- Ensure new, first-time college students are prepared and supported for an experience in higher education while providing financial support to offset the costs
- Supporting students in completing their associate degree requirements, transfer requirements, and/or workforce certificate requirements in a timely and efficient manner
- Providing tuition, fee, and textbook assistance to all eligible to ensure their college and career success
- Be 18 years of age or older OR have a high school diploma/GED OR be a graduating high school senior (class of 2017)
- New first time college student (never attended college before)
- Have a completed FAFSA or California Dream Act Application with Moreno Valley College school code listed (041735) on file (AB 540 students may be eligible for this program)
- Complete the Moreno Valley College application and the application to participate in the First Year Experience Summer Bridge program
- Commit to enrolling as a full-time student throughout the year including enrollment in math and English courses
- Priority is given to graduates from any high school within Moreno Valley Unified and Val Verde Unified School Districts
A completed First Year Experience Summer Bridge program application is required to be considered for acceptance and participation in the Moreno Valley College promise program for the summer 2017 and the 2017-18 academic year.
Once accepted into the Moreno Valley College Promise, you will attend an information session and will complete a Promise Agreement, signifying your commitment to the program and your education, which includes developing a comprehensive educational plan, successfully completing a full-time course load, and maintaining a minimum 2.0 grade point average during your first year.
For more information, please call the First Year Experience office at (951) 571-6334.
- Free tuition, fees, and textbooks (not covered by financial aid) for the first year of college
- Summer Bridge (extended orientation) program
- Priority registration to ensure 12-15 units per semester
- A Comprehensive Student Educational Plan (CSEP) that maps out classes from the first semester to the last, based on educational plan
- During the first year, an assigned student success coach serves as a resource and provides structured support, enabling completion of degree and/or transfer units
- Connections with peers on similar paths and time lines
The MVC Promise will cover up to $1,278.50 per semester:
- Enrollment Fee ($46/unit): $690
- Student Health Fee: $18
- Student Services Fee: $15
- Transportation Fee (RTA): $5.50
- Parking Permit (varies): $50
- Textbooks (varies): $500
The total amount of funding a student receives from the MVC Promise varies depending upon the financial aid for which the student is eligible.
The MVC Promise will cover the costs that are not covered by financial aid.