Mental Health Resources
Free Counseling at Student Health & Psychological Services
Did you know you can receive FREE one-on-one counseling services with licensed counselors? All counseling is kept highly confidential. Licensed marriage and family therapists can help you with concerns such as: Academic stress, test anxiety, thoughts of killing yourself, relationship problems, family problems, trouble fitting in, trouble sleeping, agitation/anger, sexual identity and/or orientation, depression/anxiety, substance abuse (alcohol/drug use), eating disorders, domestric violence, emotional crisis, rape, thoughts of self harm, difficulty adjusting to major life changes (i.e. college life, military, moving, etc.).
For IMMEDIATE Help, PLEASE CALL Someone:
For immediate crisis response call 911
CRISIS HOTLINE: (951) 686-HELP (4357)
Sometimes, we all need someone to listen and someone to give helpful suggestions for turning our troubling situation around. Our team of qualified counselors CAN listen and CAN help you to maintain a healthy balance of life, family, school and relationships. Appointments or Walk in Available.
Provides evaluation crisis intervention and referrals to patients experiencing psychiatric emergencies. Client may be referred to Inpatient Treatment Facility. Contact info:
(951) 358-4881 (24 Hours)
9990 County Farm Road
Riverside, CA 92503 (see interactive map)
Crisis Chat. Online Emotional Support. It's a place to talk about problems and stress that may be difficult to talk about anywhere else...a place to find non-judgmental support and help through a difficult time. Crisis Chat is a place to find information on mental health problems and services. It's a confidential, secure, and anonymous way of reaching out for help when you don't know where else to turn.
Phone: (760) 323-1875 (24 hours). The Community Crisis & Help line provides comprehensive education, information, referral, and direct assistance for individuals who seek services through a twenty-four (24) hour phone line, staffed by trained volunteers.
Moreno Valley College:
Phone: (951) 571-6103, or (951) 571-6147
Location: Parkside Complex (PSC) 6
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Phone: (951) 372-7046
Location: Wilfred J. Airey Library Building, Lower Level
Hours: Mondays & Thursdays 8am - 7:30pm
Tuesdays & Wednesdays 8am - 4:30pm
Fridays: 8am - 2pm
Riverside City College:
Phone: (951)-222-8151 or Walk-in during hours.
Location: Bradshaw Building, Basement behind EOPS
Hours: Fall and Spring: Monday through Thursday: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Winter and Summer: Monday through Thursday 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Riverside Oficina Central de Riverside, Main: (951)687-7090
- Inland Empire: 909-825-4700
- You can also visit the Addiction section
- Alternatives to Domestic Violence: 951-683-0829
- Domestic Violence Advocacy Project (Legal Aid): 888-805-6455, 800-226-4257
- Narcotics Anonymous 909-795-0464 Spanish 888-622-4672
- Cocaine Anonymous: Inland Empire 951-359-3895
National Problem Gambling Helpline 800-522-4700.
Visit the ALLY section.
Visit the Sexual Assault section.
Contact the Health Services office.
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Lifeline Crisis Chat
- Crisis Text Line
- The Alex Project [text ANSWER to 839863 or LISTEN to 741741]
- The Alex Project - Facebook Community Organization
- 10 Common Misconceptions About Suicide
- Brief Facts and Stats about College Students and Mental Health
- Navigating the Uncertain Waters of Suicidal Students on Campus
- Postvention: A Guide for Response to Suicide on College Campuses
- Promoting Mental Health and Preventing Suicide in College and University Settings
- Suicide Prevention Awareness
- Coping with Suicide Loss
- Know the Signs
- GET the APP
- Multicultural Assistance:
- Diverse Communities
- Language Matters in Mental Health
- Korean Speaking Counselors 24-hour Crisis Line: 877-727-4747
- Vietnamese Speaking Counselors 22 hrs/week Crisis Line: 877-727-4747
- National Organization for People of Color Against Suicide
- Office of Minority Health
Visit the Veterans Services office, or acces of the resources below: