Moreno Valley College will hold its 7th Commencement ceremony at 5:30pm on Thursday, June 9th, 2016 on MVC's College Park (Soccer Field, #14).
Tickets and Seating:
- Tickets are not required to attend the commencement ceremony.
- Seating is limited and is at first-come basis so plan to arrive early.
- Ceremony will last about 75 minutes and guests should be in their seats by 5:00 p.m.
- Guests are not allowed in the graduate seating area when commencement is taking place.
- Guests are not allowed on the stage at any time, even after commencement ceremony.
- Air horns, confetti, silly string, or beach balls are prohibited during commencement.
Parking is free on Commencement Day. No permits are required except for staff or designated handicap spaces (placard required). You will be able to park in lots B, C, or D. Plan to arrive early to ensure available parking. Refer to interactive campus map or download detailed map.
- Moreno Valley College is located 16130 Lasselle Street, Moreno Valley, CA 92551
- Commencement will be located on the College Park (Soccer Field) area next to parking lot E.
Recommendations for guests with Disabilities
- Guests should arrive by 4:30 p.m. and park in Lot "E" (next to the Soccer Field), see interactive map for exact location or download detailed map.
- A limited seating area for elderly guests and guests with disabilities will be available. Seating in this area is limited to the elderly guests and disabled guests with disabilities plus one additional guest.
- The college does not provide wheelchairs. If you or a family member attending needs the assistance of a wheelchair, we urge you to use your own to bring to campus for the day.
- An American Sign Language interpreter will be present at ceremony.
For Your Safety
Although Moreno Valley College does not anticipate any security problems during Commencement, we will be taking special measures to ensure the safety of everyone who attends Commencement. The following items are prohibited on campus:
- Illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia.
- Animals except for service animals (guide dogs).
- Weapons of any kinds including firearms and knives.
- Alcohol and tobacco is prohibited on the premises.
- Campus is a smoke free campus!
These policies are subject to change without notice.
- The Commencement ceremony is an outdoor event. Prepare yourself for the appropriate weather condition. Please bring sunscreen and a hat as well as an umbrella or raincoat, should there be inclement weather. Dress with an eye to the weather and comfort.
It is our goal to provide a ceremony that is festive, formal, and memorable to all our graduates and guests. We ask for your help in making the ceremony a pleasant experience for all by attentively considering the rights and feelings of other participants and guests.
- Guests are kindly requested to remain seated during the ceremony.
- Photo opportunities will be available after the ceremony. Graduates are guided out of the seating area and into the main gathering area.
- Graduates are provided additional information about ceremony photos.
Gifts for your Graduate
- A souvenir program book, listing the names of all the graduates will be free, one per family.
- Participating graduates will receive one complimentary program book when they check-in for the ceremony.
- Flowers will be sold before/after ceremony. If desired you can purchase flowers on the soccer field.
- Other MVC approved vendors will be on-site during the ceremony.
- To order a commemorative commencement t-shirt, order it at the MVC Bookstore's Commencement site.
Local Dinning & Lodging