Moreno Valley College will hold its 6th Commencement ceremony at 5:30pm on Thursday, June 9th, 2016 on MVC's College Park (Soccer Field). Graduates please read the additional information (below) to understand what takes place the day of commencement and important reminders.
It is important and highly recommended that all graduating students attend the rehearsal to ensure that you understand how the graduation line up (procession) and commencement ceremony will be conducted:
- Rehearsal will be between PSC 15 and PSC 16 on Wednesday, June 8, 2016, starting at 3:00 p.m.
- Attendance is highly recommended.
- Be on time!
- Do not bring your regalia to rehearsal.
- Important information will be given regarding the commencement ceremony and valuable information for your guest!
All students in all programs were required to apply for graduation on WebAdvisor by April 1st and be approved in order to participate in commencement. Your eligibility to participate as an AA/AS degree and/or certificate recipient will be noted in WebAdvisor once you receive an email. If you have not activated your Student Email Account, please do so immediately. All information regarding your degree and/or certificate will only be sent to your Student Email.
If you have questions about your graduation application, degree and/or certificate award or have a change of address, please contact the District Evaluations Office at (951) 222-8610 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Decorum (Event Behavior)
It is our goal to provide a ceremony that is festive, formal, and memorable to all our graduates and guests. Everyone in attendance is expected to maintain a measure of decorum consistent with the occasion. Follow this link for more information!
Regalia - Cap & Gown
Note: This year, in recognition of Moreno Valley College's 25th anniversary, all caps and gowns must be TEAL in color. Any regalia purchased in the MVC Bookstore May 16-20 will receive a 10% discount. Prices below do not reflect the discount.
Remember that you must purchase your regalia from the college bookstore that you applied for graduation. Regalia will be available in the MVC Bookstore beginning May 16th. Last day to purchase your regalia is June 8th at MVC Bookstore; so plan ahead. On commencement day remember to bring all of your regalia items (cap, gown, etc...). For students that are part of a specialized program such as Physician Assistant, Dental Assistant, Dental Hygiene, Extended Opportunity Program Services (EOPS), Puente, Veterans, or Renaissance Scholars remember to obtain your program specific regalia, if available, before commencement day.
Important Notice: AA/AS Degree & Certificate Eligible Recipients
If you have applied for an Associates and Certificate and are eligible for both please note that you will be required to march (ingress/egress) and sit per the regalia you purchased. Students in specialized programs such as Physician Assistant, Dental Assistance, Dental Hygiene EOPS, Puente, or Renaissance Scholars will be required to march (ingress/egress) and sit per the Procession & Graduates Seating Order. There will be no exemption to regalia and seating order. Follow this link for more information!
Procession & Graduates Seating Order: Procession Order - Students will be arranged first by AA/AS Degree recipients with required regalia followed by Certificate recipients with required regalia (read above). Seating order will be per the procession order. Follow this link for more information!
Students who need special assistance please contact us via: phone: (951) 571-6138; in Person: Disability Support Services. For information about disabled parking and wheelchair access, please view the interactive college map or download detailed map.
The ceremony will be held at MVC's College Park (Soccer Field) on Thursday June 9th, 2016. Please check the additional information section (below) to review what will be needed for that day. Please arrive on time; check in for the ceremony will begin at 3:30 PM at the Parkside Complex between rooms 15 & 16. Graduates must arrive no later than 4:45p.m. The ceremony will begin promptly at 5:30 p.m. - don't be late! Students who need special assistance please contact us via: phone: (951) 571-6138; in Person: Disability Support Services. For information about disabled parking and wheelchair access, please view the interactive college map or download detailed map.
Please arrive on time; check in for the ceremony will begin at 3:30 PM at the Parkside Complex between rooms 15 & 16. Graduates must arrive no later than 4:45p.m.
- Be early. Parking will be difficult to find if you are late.
- Park in Parking Lot B. Parking is free for all on Commencement day!
- Check-in area is located at Parkside Complex between rooms 15 & 16.
- After check-in proceed to the staging area and remain there for further instructions.
- Appropriate Associate or Certificate Regalia will be required.
- If you do not have a cap and gown, you will not participate in the ceremony.
- Men Suggested Under Regalia Attire: Suits, dark shoes, white shirts, ties, bow ties etc. Please consider weather conditions.
- Women Suggested Under Regalia Attire: Please be aware the ceremony will be held on a grass field. Please consider weather conditions. We recommend not bringing purses. We recommend flats or wedges.
- No decorations; stuffed animals, or other distracting items on your cap and gown.
- Children may not accompany graduates during the ceremony.
- No air horns, confetti, silly string or beach balls.
- Standards of student conduct will be in effect at all times.
Procession Ingress & Seating
- Countdown and line up instructions are announced intermittently at the staging area.
- Approximately, at 5:15pm line up will begin so listen for instructions from the college's ushers: Mrs. Moore & Mr. Alvarez.
- The journey beginsâ€¦Congratulations & Enjoy it!
- College ushers provide seating instructions.
- Please follow along with the program provided on your seats.
- An American Sign Language interpreter will be present during the ceremony.
- Remember to listen for the "stand" cue from the podium speaker.
- Your college's ushers will provide guidance throughout the event so relax and enjoy the moment.
- Please keep hydrated; bottled water will be located under your seat.
- Remember to receive your degree/certificate cover with your LEFT hand and to handshake with your RIGHT hand.
- Guest are not allowed in the graduate seating area during the ceremony.
- Diplomas will not be presented at commencement. Your diploma will be mailed to you approximately 15 weeks after the grades for your final semester are posted to the student record.
Procession Egress & Gathering Area
- Your college's ushers will provide guidance and lead you out of the seating area and into the gathering area.
- Guest are not allowed on the stage even after the commencement ceremony.
Additional Information Prior To Ceremony
Graduation Photos: Pre-register now by visiting www.gradimages.com (link will take you to the "Pre-Event Email Registration" page for MVC). You get $5 OFF on orders of $25 or more just by registering your information with GradImages before the event.
Number of Guest: No tickets are needed and there is no limit on guests per graduates!
Photography: Guests will be required to be seated and photographs with graduates will be allowed only after the ceremony has concluded.
Flowers: Flowers will be sold before/after ceremony. If desired you can purchase flowers on the soccer field.
Parking: Parking will be free in any white student spaces, designated handicap spaces will still require placard. It will be your responsibility to arrive early to get parking on campus.
Reminders: No smoking during ceremony time. Graduates leave all valuables with family members.
Sign Language: An American Sign Language interpreter will be present during ceremony.
Disabled Parking: For information about disabled parking and wheelchair access, please view the college map.