Welcome to Moreno Valley College's psychology discipline! Psychology is the scientific study of mental processes and behavior. This field seeks to understand people's emotions, behavior, and thoughts. MVC's psychology discipline, in turn, seeks to provide students with academic and applied tools to skillfully examine the nature of human behavior from a biopsychosocial perspective, such as biological, psychological, and social factors.
Our program offers lower-division, university-transferrable courses for four-year degree preparation, to fulfill general education requirements, and to fulfill the degree requirements of the Associate in Arts in Psychology for Transfer degree (ADT-Psychology).
Why Pursue a Degree in Psychology?
The psychology field offers varied academic and career pathways include a variety of positions in human services, business, school, clinical, research, or industrial psychology. The following are selected titles held by individuals in the field of psychology:
- Alcohol and drug treatment counselor
- College counselor
- Community organization worker
- Education administrator
- Mental health counselor
- Personnel recruiter
- Probation officer
- Psychology public relations worker
- School counselor
- School psychologist
- Teaching at higher education institutions
MVC Psychology Degrees
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Understand and describe key concepts, principles and applications in the field of psychology and its content domains.
- Apply information literacy and use scientific reasoning to interpret, design, and conduct basic psychological research and understand psychological phenomena.
- Use APA style to communicate the results of research in written reports and oral communications.